Marc Guehi

gdm

Man United fans getting salty about our transfer dealings [emoji38]

Had a tenable question the other day on their 10 most expensive departures. Veron was in there from 2003/04!

Their recruitment is absolutely horrific.

I know people have gone sour on this deal over the last few days but I'll be cracking open the cans if it goes through. He has potential to be one of our greats I think, and seems like a first class character as well.

7 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Today is the day 

Got a feeling in my bones 

Newcastle United are set to make Marc Guéhi their club record signing in a package deal worth up to £70m.

#NUFC | @alex_crook via @talkSPORT

I have a hard time believing if we "walked away" from the deal, Parish wouldn't come begging for 60m

Edit: Either way this has become so tiresome... hoping the reports are true that this will all be sealed up one way or another by friday evening

Edited by Upthemags

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I have a hard time believing if we "walked away" from the deal, Parish wouldn't come begging for 60m

Edit: Either way this has become so tiresome... hoping the reports are true that this will all be sealed up one way or another with a Friday 3pm announcement 

Is Guehi the signing to us that Kompany was to City in 08? Or is that somewhat a stretch? I do think he could be transformative for us and with him only being 24, got plenty of his peak years ahead of him.

Just now, CallumG6 said:

Is Guehi the signing to us that Kompany was to City in 08? Or is that somewhat a stretch? I do think he could be transformative for us and with him only being 24, got plenty of his peak years ahead of him.

Possibly transformative - I seem to be in the minority that the jury is still out on him. But he's just turned 24 so still plenty of room for growth

6 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

That was supposed to be Botman was it not?

👀 Okay... so I've just been told what I'm assuming is the same as what Downie has been told, hence his confidence today.

We're expecting to get this deal agreed tonight / tomorrow, and Guehi is hoping to travel up tomorrow. That is the plan, as things stand, apparently.

Whether this info is watertight or not, I don't know, but it comes from someone pretty damn reliable with close ties.

Sounds like we're nearing endgame.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

That was supposed to be Botman was it not?

Could also argue Bruno was that signing as well, despite not playing CB. But looking more like it now with him getting the captaincy. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

👀 Okay... so I've just been told what I'm assuming is the same as what Downie has been told, hence his confidence today.

We're expecting to get this deal agreed tonight / tomorrow, and Guehi is hoping to travel up tomorrow. That is the plan, as things stand, apparently.

Whether this info is watertight or not, I don't know, but it comes from someone pretty damn reliable with close ties.

Sounds like we're nearing endgame.

:tobey:
Baths been overflowing for a week now! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Really hope this happens and respect the club's approach. We're going after the best we're likely to get so I can't have any complaints with that. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Really hope this happens and respect the club's approach. We're going after the best we're likely to get so I can't have any complaints with that. 

Only complaint I’ve got is that it’s at the expense of a winger. Left with Murphy and Almiron who we’ve actively been trying to punt. By far the weakest area in the 11 & squad as a whole.