Players that were actually decent for us that are totally forgotten

gjohnson

52 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

West Ham hat trick

The Arsenal 4-4 he was brilliant. Led the line brilliantly, scored 2 (legit) goals and was so clever on the ball. I think at the beginning of 11-12 when he scored a brace against Fulham then one against Villa following game I called him one of our most important players. Partially because I tended to go over the top a lot back then but mostly because he deserved it. 

12 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Glen Roeder 

Bjorn Kristiensen

Liked Benny a lot, another from the 89/90 squad who deserved a promotion instead of that fucking awful Sheff Utd team or bloody sunderland, promoted from 6th because of the Swindon scandal

Some shocking players getting a mention. Carl Cort was shite, Diego Gavilan only made a few appearances and was totally anonymous in them, Bigirimana we all hoped he’d be decent but he was also shite except maybe one game. These are all obscure players, not decent ones!

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Fitz Hall (in context) 

I'll see your Fitz Hall and raise you a Zurab Khizanishvili ;)

Jeff Clarke, signed from the Mackems and was great for us in a shite team. Malcolm Allen, started off like a house on fire, got injured and sadly that was it. 

19 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Liked Benny a lot, another from the 89/90 squad who deserved a promotion instead of that fucking awful Sheff Utd team or bloody sunderland, promoted from 6th because of the Swindon scandal

Also the first to do that fancy "continental" warm up. More like a strictly routine.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

He was good. Atleast in the premier league. Shite in the championship finally enough.

I think average at best is more suitable but fair enough :lol:

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

He's the best I've seen...so much pace when he got going no-one could beat him. Not forgettable though.

Robbie Elliot would fit better in this case

Not even remotely forgettable like. Was class for us, had a fairly iconic partnership with Jonas and Colo, then had to go in goal against us as @Alan Pardew beat his new team to finish 5th.

5 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Who has forgot about these? They were about 6-7 years ago 😂

Literally the only things I can remember from Willems time here is @Kanjihyping him up for ages on here and his debut when he came on and didn't know where he was supposed to be playing :lol:

2 hours ago, vicente_14 said:

Malcolm Allen and Alex Mathie, both short and sweet stays.

Malcolm Allen was class. Saw him at SJP a couple of times after he left. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Literally the only things I can remember from Willems time here is @Kanjihyping him up for ages on here and his debut when he came on and didn't know where he was supposed to be playing :lol:

That’s on Bruce! 

Willems and Maxi was box office. 

56 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Some shocking players getting a mention. Carl Cort was shite, Diego Gavilan only made a few appearances and was totally anonymous in them, Bigirimana we all hoped he’d be decent but he was also shite except maybe one game. These are all obscure players, not decent ones!

Carl Cort was great until he got injured. Some class goals.