AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (25/08/24)

BlueStar

I try to be even handed and not wear cherry-tinted specs all the time when talking about one of our matches but I'll be honest, I'm going to have to come back in a day or two to give our view things after what took place in injury time. I'm seething. Actually, way beyond that. Two absolute travesty of decisions. And anyone that tries to defend them, take off your equivalent of those specs...

Just now, WillDanceForChocolate said:

I try to be even handed and not wear cherry-tinted specs all the time when talking about one of our matches but I'll be honest, I'm going to have to come back in a day or two to give our view things after what took place in injury time. I'm seething. Actually, way beyond that. Two absolute travesty of decisions. And anyone that tries to defend them, take off your equivalent of those specs...

I would be fuming if one of our goals was disallowed like that.

There was nought wrong with it.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The lass who is the pundit, spitting dabs of a cabbage patch doll and just talk utter shite every time she's on

They all talk utter shite. 

2 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

I agree that Joelinton should have had a red. I think scoring directly off the arm, even if it’s borderline should be ruled out

34 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Ropey Popey :cheesy: 

Haha. I’d still rather him in nets than an average keeper who’s good with his feet.

That save with his leg was so underrated. Makes those look routine when they’re anything but. 

Other than Isak and the subs, our players simply didn't fancy it today. Kept waiting for Joe to hit the button to take him off power saving mode. 

Props fo Krafth filling in again. 

We are bereft of creativity and we're well managed by a Bournemouth team that quite frankly weren't very good. 

Should have lots here today. Very lucky. While it's still a bit of preseason rust, two performances in and I don't recognize this team.

Pope's kicking was rancid.

3 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Swings and roundabouts unfortunately. We were on the end of a horrendous decision last week from a referee who was flat out cheating in favour of Southampton and were all seething. This week we got a fortuitous decision which saved us a point.

I think if you read the match thread you'll find a lot of us actually thought the goal should have stood and Joelinton could very easily have gone. Nowhere near as blinkered as you'd imagine :thup:

I doubt you'll find many in these parts who disagree with the idea that you were the better team and - of the two sides - deserved to win. We got away with it in injury time, though I feel like I haven't seen anything conclusive re the handball. But even so, that's reason enough not to disallow it. 

7 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

lol 

To me we still lack technique and athleticism in the backline and midfield, for the system Howe wants to play. I think our absolute first XI would be fine, but the drop off in those areas is massive beyond that. 

As some have pointed out maybe things improve when we get fab and Botman back but we just look poor in possession, I was watching west ham and palace yesterday and the technical  level was higher that what we displayed today. 

Early days of course and this isn’t a criticism of the lads, just a bit perplexed by it. Ultimately Bournemouth will be lower mid table this season and if we are aiming to get in to Europe we have to be looking to win those sort of games. 

In what world is Joelinton's a red? I cannot remember ever seeing a red for cynical clotheslines, pretty sure Burn's got atleast a half dozen under his belt, would have had no effect on the game either way.

Goal should have stood though, I don't agree with the new rules but if they're in place they need enforcing.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Aye Joelinton clothesline getting a red has no effect on the result at all. Can see the annoyance of it but strange to be fixated on that like it was match changing.

16 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

baby-crying.gif

19 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Dunno mate it was handball according to the rules. Your analysis misses out the 3 mega saves Neto made…

I believe it’s a handball. Could be because of the fact it’s the arm over Burn’s shoulder that allows him to get any contact at all. Dunno. 

Mixed bag of a performance, took a lot of positives from the lineup we ended the game with. 

We will never look a really top team while we’re carrying so many players lacking top-level technique. I know Howe ball might never be possession-based but there has to be some sort of minimum level of being good at football that’s needed. 

When you look at the line up I think we had a starting team with 4/5 squad players starting (Kelly, Burn, Krafth, Longstaff and Murphy).  Some of this is unavoidable due to injuries and suspension, some I hope we see less of. It's early days and even if we are aiming for European Football come the end of the season I still think that is a good result.

23 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

The non red card for Joelinton made no difference to the result.