Nottingham Forest (3) 1-1 (4) Newcastle United [LC2] (28/08/24)

BlueStar

Just now, joeyt said:

Take off one of our elite players for a lad who's barely scored a goal, that will please the masses

It's the cup when will we play the lad if not in the cup? 

2 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

Really? - i can even forgive his defensive mishaps, but then i expect him to be sharp going forward and he has been poor there, lot of miss hits, bad crosses, bad passes, and taking up the wrong space.

[emoji38] stop being dramatic, it's hardly been that bad.

It's just so annoying we play this way. We've not got a huge squad, or quality depth. Playing in the most taxing way possible is so mad.

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

Also, Tonali oozes class like any American food oozes cheese.

No lie, I switched back from typing that to the programme and it was a photo of a McDonalds burger with a horrifically processed cheese slice centre screen.

Edited by Checko

1 minute ago, Checko said:

When we boot it long we always lose it.

When we play out from the back we struggle to get out of our own half.

We have all our top passers on the field.

This is not an isolated thing, there is a problem with our system in posession. We're only dangerous on the counter. We always play like an away team.

Also, to be fair, they haven't really created any gilt edge chances. Most of the time it us being sloppy that lets them into the game, though we're really not putting any pressure on with our press. They're not even pressing hard yet we seem to struggle.

Also, Tonali oozes class like any American food oozes cheese.

It’s a problem caused by our emergency CB pairing. Playing out from the back isn’t easy when Burn is the more comfortable on the ball CB.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

[emoji38] stop being dramatic, it's hardly been that bad.

not being dramatic at all. I think he is going to be a very good player for us but he has been poor today. no question and if you disagree then we are watching a different game. 

Just now, andycap said:

It's the cup when will we play the lad if not in the cup? 

It's the chance to win a trophy, why should we risk going out by taking off one of our best players for a lad who's not played a minute for us

Just now, joeyt said:

It's the chance to win a trophy, why should we risk going out by taking off one of our best players for a lad who's not played a minute for us

Well because isak isn't playing well today.