Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

I presume as it's their competition the EFL will allow them to postpone a league game to play the cup game - they won't have a game every midweek for the rest of the season, the only issue is if timing then has a knock on to our next round game, as if that can't be played on time and we're drawn against a team in Europe I'm not sure where the free midweek would be for them.

They have a fixture next midweek, then we have two weeks with international break, then they have another midweek game.

Then it's the next round.

Can't see how it gets played even if they moved the venue tbh. 

Only solution I'd say would probably be postpone their league game against Morecambe on 22nd October I guess.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

This is a shame

the thing you need after a loss is a game against lower opposition to get the confidence up and cobwebs out of your game

would have been good runaround before Man City this weekend 

And if we got dumped out and had Man City Saturday lunchtime waiting?

11 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Is there a cut off for when they have to be able to fulfil the fixture before we get a bye?

Looks to me that the only week they don't have a midweek fixture before the next round is the week of the 14th October which is between the internationals and the first premier league game back. We're playing a weakened team then

Not a chance we’re playing during the International break.

10 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

I presume as it's their competition the EFL will allow them to postpone a league game to play the cup game - they won't have a game every midweek for the rest of the season, the only issue is if timing then has a knock on to our next round game, as if that can't be played on time and we're drawn against a team in Europe I'm not sure where the free midweek would be for them.

That's a good point actually. 

Alternative would be to play it at SJP but that would be a logistical challenge seeing as it's supposed to be tomorrow.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Has something burst under the pitch?

It’s non-stop pissed it down since Sunday morning. At stages it’s been like the cloudburst we had in Newcastle in 2011 when everything went to shit on the Central Motorway and Great North Road.

28 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Wouldn’t put it past him. His reign of tyranny knows no bounds. Hope currently in a tizzy coming up with a “Mitchell inbox flooded, dark clouds over SJP after bitter relationship takes new twist” article where he questions why Mitchell controls the weather/why doesn’t he control the weather?!? Howe remains cryptic.  

… and discloses that he hasn’t talked to Mitchell about this issue.