Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

So what's the alternative now? any idea when the new date will be?

I would offer to play it at SJP and let them keep the cash as they will clearly need it to fix that mess :lol:

It seems the most logical outcome. I'm sure if European teams can be seeded then they can switch grounds as one pitch is unplayable and will be for the foreseeable.

11 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I would offer to play it at SJP and let them keep the cash as they will clearly need it to fix that mess :lol:

I'm pretty sure if they can't host the tie within the next couple of weeks we will just be given a bye?

Playing it at SJP would be sensible but they won't do that. 

40 minutes ago, 80 said:

Took me a couple of seconds to realise it was real. Wow.

Thought it was fake. I'm guessing it's some kind of hybrid synth pitch, hence how it's bubbles and showing the sand. 

God knows, but that's at least a quarter of the pitch needing to be bedded back in.

Agree with if we can have it here and donate the proceeds to grt it fixed. Surely the best outcome for all rather than a bye, which it'll have to be as that's weeks away and lesgur fixtures will take priority.

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I think they just play it the week of that the 4th round is supposed to happen (w/c 28/10). Next round isn’t until w/c 16/12, so you’d have 6 weeks to find a date for the 4th round match.

Whether their ground would be ready in a months time is obviously a different question.

Let's decide what to do with the tie after the draw is made on Wedneaday. If we get any of the clubs playing in Europe away from home, let Wimbledon get a bye into the next round. All the hassle just for us to get a fucked up draw again as per usual.

Edited by nufcjb