Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Newcastle United: 15/09/24 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

In which case, Tino for Trips (fine), Hall for Kelly (fine), Schar for Krafth (fine), Longstaff for Tonali (dislike), Barnes for Murphy with Gordon on the left (dislike).

1 minute ago, Toonjam88 said:

Nee trips
Nee Kelly
Nee krafth
Nee Tonali 
Nee Barnes

mate was just sent this hope it’s not true 

In the XI? Imagine they’re in the squad, at least. Trippier’s insta had the customary game day post. 

Would be annoying if him and Tonali aren’t starting. But half expecting the latter not to be in from the start. 

Barnes really should be starting games. Deserves a run in the side and is efficient as fuck.  

10 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Nee trips
Nee Kelly
Nee krafth
Nee Tonali 
Nee Barnes

Nee Tonali would be madness after the France game.

Surprised no trippier as normally not playing an international set makes you more likely to be selected. Tonali played 2 full games in 4/5 days and was away so it makes sense, albeit disappointing, but bench options are helpful as we’ve seen in literally every match.

I get that playing Gordon on the left is the best option but I'd still have Barnes on the right with a bit of freedom to go left than Murphy or Almiron. Tonali should also be starting now, he's just had a storming international break and must be match fit by now. Also, happy with the defence, Tino deserves to hold that RB slot down and Trippier can be an impact sub later on.

Edited by Mattoon

40 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Nee trips
Nee Kelly
Nee krafth
Nee Tonali 
Nee Barnes

Thought you meant they were out of the game for a bit there, nearly had a coronary. If they are on the bench at least we have the option of changing things up.

Howe doesn’t usually drop players after a win. I get bringing Schar in as it helps out overall play, no issue with Hall playing if he wants to push the attack more. I’d like to see Tonali play but it could be managing minutes as he’s not played loads of football and has played 2 games in the last week already 🤷‍♂️ I think Tonali will be starting soon enough fwiw, definitely by City fixture.

Edited by ExiledGeordie