Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

1 hour ago, madras said:

Fair points. I do think it's important though for everyone to know how much game time is left, for it not to be arbitrary and for actual game time not to be wasted through legitimate things.

This has never been the case, though.

44 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

This has never been the case, though.

It would be fucking wild if they actually tracked and accurately added stoppage time in games, I don't think anybody is ready for that shit.

Tbh I think they should, it's ridiculous that the referee just goes with his vibe on that shit, but it would be a hell of an adjustment period.

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

It would be fucking wild if they actually tracked and accurately added stoppage time in games, I don't think anybody is ready for that shit.

Tbh I think they should, it's ridiculous that the referee just goes with his vibe on that shit, but it would be a hell of an adjustment period.

It'll be easily implemented once we're all signed up to the metaverse.

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

One of the Sundays used to, possibly The Observer. Most games were in the high 50s to low 60 minutes 

Another example tonight from Paddy McNair “We started the first half really slow but we deserved the win overall.”

:lol: bollocks. They were unbelievably lucky. You could argue that they deserve the win because they have fewer resources or because they…er…scored more than the opposition. But it bugs me unreasonably when players/managers/fans say they deserved the win on the balance of play when they were completely outplayed and got really lucky.

9 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Referring to players by their initials and squad number, “CR7”. Just seen someone refer to Maddison as “JM10” elsewhere too.

:puke:

Aye, it's another annoying thing those dopey 30 year old TikTok/Youtube gimps have fed into the lexicon via their 10 year old followers.

Keepers trying to put a penalty taker off by chatting them up, walking up to the penalty spot for no reason, sauntering back to their line etc. Give them a warning, then a yellow, then a red if they persist.

I may be the only one but here it goes.

Nets

Annoys me when goal nets aren't white, even worse when they are stripey. Also hate certain styles of net and adore others.

This recent-ish trend of not pegging the nets down is very annoying to me and it's unaesthetic. The net shouldn't be flying up at the back, it looks so tacky.

Is there anyone else who cares about football nets?

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I may be the only one but here it goes.

Nets

Annoys me when goal nets aren't white, even worse when they are stripey. Also hate certain styles of net and adore others.

This recent-ish trend of not pegging the nets down is very annoying to me and it's unaesthetic. The net shouldn't be flying up at the back, it looks so tacky.

Is there anyone else who cares about football nets?

yes!

much prefer boxed nets to a triangle.

don’t mind stripes, our black and white ones were great, but preference would be a full orange net.

im sure the nets at Mexico 86 had the flag colours on them

9 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

yes!

much prefer boxed nets to a triangle.

don’t mind stripes, our black and white ones were great, but preference would be a full orange net.

im sure the nets at Mexico 86 had the flag colours on them

I think they were just plain white at mexico 86, very nice as well

Guest Biggsbond14

Just a thought on motd from Saturday as for me the biggest result was boro beating manure and for some reason it’s like 5 games in yet the opening games saw premier league clubs beating lower teams so no shocks but get top billing ? 
is it because the boro game was Friday ?

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, LV said:

Absolute trash behaviour 

Hope he gets done for it 

Can’t work out what that story is about as it’s the sun privacy stuff