Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

You Basically have two options.

The ref keeps an eye on things and steps in when necessary, dishing out warnings/bookings.

OR

The referee does nothing and then has to restart the corner after it was taken if a foul wasn't committed after the kick, but a player was impeded in the build up.

It's the same thing only more annoying. Either way the ref has to interupt the corner.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 hours ago, Exiled in Texas said:

If the ball is out of play, then a foul (with DFK) cannot be given as the ball being in play is a primary requirement for a foul. Original restart will still take place. 

However, a card can still be given for a misconduct with the ball out of play. So you can’t still give Yellow or even Red Cards if the ball is out of play. 

I'm surprised there is any question about this. Plenty players have been sent off after the final whistle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Foreign pundits on UK programming. Feel like their pitied on by the rest of the panel, sometimes they think they’re the star of the show, try to be funny and it’s cringe. They don’t get the banter half the time and it’s really hard viewing.

there are some good ones like Dietmar Hamman. Excellent English, can mix it up with the jokes and is highly intelligent. I’m watching Ginola right now and he’s looking like a clown. Henry is probably the worst. I’m sure in France he’d be a riot but over here it’s cringe. 

Edited by Astroblack

• 2 weeks later...

The recent buzzword of 'controlling the game'. A team can dominate a game, but never control it. And it's in the nature of the beast that a team can dominate, fail to score and then have the opposition break away and win it in last minute.

I like the Cloughie quote - it only takes a second to score a goal. Part of the game's attraction is its unpredictability, with defence turning into attack in a single moment.

23 hours ago, Cronky said:

The recent buzzword of 'controlling the game'. A team can dominate a game, but never control it. And it's in the nature of the beast that a team can dominate, fail to score and then have the opposition break away and win it in last minute.

I like the Cloughie quote - it only takes a second to score a goal. Part of the game's attraction is its unpredictability, with defence turning into attack in a single moment.

In the light of yesterday's game, I think I deserve the Nostradamus Award.

Modern day football fans.

Man Utd penalty at Arsenal yesterday, how many phones in view? Just fucking enjoy the moment ffs. 

I hate videos like that in general, you can’t properly understand the scenes of celebrating a goal, it doesn’t capture it at all.

B4729177-A77-A-4-FAA-A8-AF-B22-BC05-D810

On 24/04/2022 at 20:44, Fantail Breeze said:

Man Utd penalty at Arsenal yesterday, how many phones in view? Just fucking enjoy the moment ffs. 

I hate videos like that in general, you can’t properly understand the scenes of celebrating a goal, it doesn’t capture it at all.

same at gigs now too. Who even watches the videos back? Or is it purely for a few likes on social media? Shite like.

Radio commentators making out the temperature is exceptional one way or the other when its almost always clement and been experienced thousands of times by the listeners without fuss.

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 24/04/2022 at 20:44, Fantail Breeze said:

You know I never really had a problem with it before this season. One or two doing it and putting it up on social media is quite handy, because you can go back and watch it from a different pov. It’s getting ridiculous now though. At what point do you begin to realise there are hundreds of not thousands of people with the same content?

56 minutes ago, TBG said:

Every time Dan 'two Premier League goals in 96 appearances' Burn, is made out to be Shearer in the box when we get a free kick or corner. 

His heading is dreadful :lol: