Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Isn't this what BT Sport are going to try and do with that pitch studio thing?

I've noticed it but i haven't actually seen James get his gloves on and Owen take his place in the box with macca out wide with the ball  :undecided:

Owen scores and wheels away celebrating...

"Well done, he's 43!"

Guest reefatoon

http://i.imgur.com/QjbeEWF.jpg

:love:

Proper love players appreciating a team mate after a goal. As you pointed out Nobby was fantastic at letting the everyone know who created that chance.

One of my favourite ever Newcastle players.

Was absolute quality. I would swap anyone in our current squad to have Nobby in his prime back in our team. That right foot was a wand.

Players ushering the ball out for goalkicks resulting in the attacker trying to wrap their leg around the defender to keep it in and both ending on the floor looking like a right mess

It's obstruction everywhere else on the pitch too.

Guest bimpy474

Players ushering the ball out for goalkicks resulting in the attacker trying to wrap their leg around the defender to keep it in and both ending on the floor looking like a right mess

It's obstruction everywhere else on the pitch too.

I give a free kick as a ref, you can shield the ball off if you are within a yard or so of it. But you aren't supposed to obstruct the player, that to me means play him rather than the ball. As soon as a player move his body away from the ball into the player then i see it as a free kick, unless it's shoulder to shoulder (again another grey area).

This really is another one of those ref opinion things.

That's my pet hate actually, things that would be blatant fouls anywhere else on the pitch being ignored in the box because the ref is too much of a pussy to give a big decision.

If they manned up a little you would get a silly amount of penalties at first but it would eventually calm down and you wouldn't get all the fucking about during corners etc..

Guest bimpy474

That's my pet hate actually, things that would be blatant fouls anywhere else on the pitch being ignored in the box because the ref is too much of a pussy to give a big decision.

If they manned up a little you would get a silly amount of penalties at first but it would eventually calm down and you wouldn't get all the fucking about during corners etc..

Yep i've been saying that for years, i'd give and do give pens for shirt pulling every single time. The thing that some ex pros come out with "we'd see ten penalties a game", So fucking what. Give them and it'll soon stop.

If they manned up a little you would get a silly amount of penalties at first but it would eventually calm down and you wouldn't get all the f***ing about during corners etc..

The one that gets me is a keeper coming out for crosses with his knee at shoulder height (dangerous play?) and when they come tear arsing out of goal to punch the ball, miss it, take the striker out...you never see a penalty.

Is it really obstruction anywhere else on the pitch though? I always hear that but the defender technically has the right to not just move out of the way and let the forward collect the ball surely?

If the ball was about 10 yards away then fair enough, you would be obstructing the path to the ball by holding your arms out like a lunatic, but I cannot see why you shouldn't be allowed to follow the path of the ball without allowing the attacker to nip in?

If they manned up a little you would get a silly amount of penalties at first but it would eventually calm down and you wouldn't get all the f***ing about during corners etc..

The one that gets me is a keeper coming out for crosses with his knee at shoulder height (dangerous play?) and when they come tear arsing out of goal to punch the ball, miss it, take the striker out...you never see a penalty.

Good one, the protection keepers get. Come out, knee someone's head clean off, fall over and it's a foul in favour of the keeper :lol:

Teams wearing away kits for no reason.

Think I've said this before.

agreed, shouldn't be allowed. we do it far too much.

i'd also make it league rules that strips are designed so that theres no need for 3rd strips.

i'd also make it league rules that strips are designed so that theres no need for 3rd strips.

:thup:

fat chance with the modern climate in football, not that I disagree mind.

Could be worse though a month or two ago my local club Cork City brought out a new away strip (in the middle of the season for whatever strange reason) and bloody played in the thing at home  :rant:

Yeah. It's a real shame how the football's commercial muscle has diluted elements of traditionalism. Pretty obvious point, I know.

Is it really obstruction anywhere else on the pitch though? I always hear that but the defender technically has the right to not just move out of the way and let the forward collect the ball surely?

If the ball was about 10 yards away then fair enough, you would be obstructing the path to the ball by holding your arms out like a lunatic, but I cannot see why you shouldn't be allowed to follow the path of the ball without allowing the attacker to nip in?

If the defender doesn't have control of the ball then it should be a free kick, simple as.