St James' Park

Delima

Wow. That is painful to look at. This is a piss take, an attack on our identity & heritage, and an attack on the fans. This over-rides any transfer business or whatever happens on the pitch, he can sell which ever player he wants, fail to sign a striker etc, but this is the real news. Totally unacceptable is an understatement, this is rape of the club.

For those doubting the credibility of this... i ask you to have a look at every f***ing inch of spare space in the ground. You'll find it has Sports Direct written on it. Have you not seen the Gallowgate's roof ffs? They even threw on a load of banners on the non-allocated away seats the other day!

Frankly i'm astonished this hasn't been done sooner.

That and why would they take the letters down at all? Has it ever been done before?

We've got the huge f*** off writing on top of the Gallowgate stand for SD, what more does he want...!?

But i don't think he'll be that stupid to take down the signage. Or i really hope he doesn't.

The Gallowgate roof only gets seen by those in the Leazes End - most TV cameras and photos don't capture it.

This place will be meltdown tomorrow if this is not general maintenance.

I'm expecting the worse.

Fuck this, I'm going to do something I should have down 2hours 25mins ago and go to bed.

Night all.

Why would they leave some of the letters up if the whole thing was being taken off permanently? Sure hope this isn't true, as it would be tantamount to the biggest scandal yet under the Ashley regime. You can f*** with the manager and squad all you like, but you don't f*** with the one thing that is the reason we're all here in the first place.

Because they're huge heavy fuckers and they can't do them all at once ???

@ Yorkie Geordie: Agree 100%

Obviously. Just wondering if there was anything to read into the fact that they weren't taken down in order. Hoping that some fixtures on certain letters need changing or some such.

.com's just put a picture up of it today. Maybe they'll have one tomorrow too, or whenever it's complete.

Can't copy it though.

http://www.nufc.com/2011-12images/2011-08-31east-stand.jpg

:shifty:

Surprised no-ones trying to decode 'Astle Ned' as some sort of message to the fans :lol:

Astle--> Jeff (Astle)--> West Brom

Ned--> Scottish

We're signing James Morrison!

Why would they leave some of the letters up if the whole thing was being taken off permanently? Sure hope this isn't true, as it would be tantamount to the biggest scandal yet under the Ashley regime. You can f*** with the manager and squad all you like, but you don't f*** with the one thing that is the reason we're all here in the first place.

Obviously. Just wondering if there was anything to read into the fact that they weren't taken down in order. Hoping that some fixtures on certain letters need changing or some such.

i'm desperatly trying to think of some witty re-arrangement of the letters a la opening credits of fawlty towers (flowery twats) but, alas, been on the sauce since yon time so can't be arsed..........would be hilarious though if they done it, every week something different.

A depressing end to the night. Im sure some things are just done to piss folk off. "No striker, ah ha, look at this too!!!!!"

Ashley is the type of cunt who would kick someone in the face if he had already knocked them out.

That's what I thought when I say the photo, I wasn't more worried by it than before.

Hope we're right! Would be disgusting to see that lettering gone.

Wonder how much of the 35m is being used to change the sign?

:troll:

Anyone would think the man is doing it on purpose!

It's gonna be a Sports Direct sign going up in it's place and another well aimed kick in the balls for the supporters. Shameful.