St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

Not sure where to put this question - I hope a few people see it in here and can help / answer.

Has anyone tried to listen to radio commentary while watching the game live in the ground?

I go to the match with my dad and his eyesight is poor so I was wondering if I got him a small radio with headphones whether he could listen to the commentary while watching the game so he can understand who has the ball, who has scored etc.  I am just starting to realise how much he actually missed, basically he sees practically nothing.

Is the radio commentary and the live action reasonably in syncronisation or is there a rubbish delay?

22 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Not sure where to put this question - I hope a few people see it in here and can help / answer.

Has anyone tried to listen to radio commentary while watching the game live in the ground?

I go to the match with my dad and his eyesight is poor so I was wondering if I got him a small radio with headphones whether he could listen to the commentary while watching the game so he can understand who has the ball, who has scored etc.  I am just starting to realise how much he actually missed, basically he sees practically nothing.

Is the radio commentary and the live action reasonably in syncronisation or is there a rubbish delay?

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-launch-new-in-stadium-commentary-service-for-visually-impaired-fans/

40 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I hope any extension to the ground would facilitate the creation of a singing 'end' preferably. We certainly need it.

Agreed , more atmosphere on the moon than at the match last night.

Need a full section 6,000- 7000 all singing all standing to get the ground buzzing 

Makes it so easy for the opposition to keep the ball and relax if the crowd is mute. 

We need to add pressure too. 

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Agreed , more atmosphere on the moon than at the match last night.

Need a full section 6,000- 7000 all singing all standing to get the ground buzzing 

Makes it so easy for the opposition to keep the ball and relax if the crowd is mute. 

We need to add pressure too. 

Was disappointed the crowd didn't put more pressure on the ref for the disallowed goal and turning away what looked an obvious penalty. Other than some half hearted booing he got off very lightly.

17 minutes ago, Big River said:

if I had one Christmas wish from Santa, it'd be for them to convert the entire Gallowgate + corners into safe standing. I don't care if it upsets people, get them shifted and get SJP rocking every single match.

Would love this.

To be fair last night was rammed with kids. At least half of the seats around me had young’uns in them. Great for them and for the future fan base of the club but obviously shite for atmosphere.

Not the first, and definitely will not be the last one to sing the praise of St James Park. I even hear from opposition players and players that never play for us.
And some people want to ditch St James Park for some generic industrial area stadium? Madness!

31 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Not the first, and definitely will not be the last one to sing the praise of St James Park. I even hear from opposition players and players that never play for us.
And some people want to ditch St James Park for some generic industrial area stadium? Madness!

If the ground can be increased to have a capacity of 60,000 - 65,000, at a cost which is not extortionate and does not involve having people losing their tickets for any period of time then go for it. If not then there is no other choice, but to move (has to be within the city centre though). 

54 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Yep

33 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

If the ground can be increased to have a capacity of 60,000 - 65,000, at a cost which is not extortionate and does not involve having people losing their tickets for any period of time then go for it. If not then there is no other choice, but to move (has to be within the city centre though). 

Horseshit

merry Christmas by the way

Edited by RS

I remain and will keep reposting this out of if I dont people may get impression more people are in favour of moving than are, Staverley was right when she said moving the stadium would be ripping the heart out of the city. I don't care how much more money we could make, and it would of course be great to get more people in, and I am more than happy to see it refurbished endlessly, this is not about the stadium itself, but it is the best placed stadium in the fucking country and I will never never never understand anyone accepting it anywhere else. It is the cathedral on the hill. It is fucking sacred. And the buildings being built around it are fucking abominations and goddamn everyone involved. 

Have not kept up with this thread and I'm sure it's been discussed at length (possibly very recently) already but what's the reason that Leazes Park/Castle Leazes moor doesn't get mentioned? It's been getting more and more run down for years and would seem to be the ideal solution, if the existing SJP could be turned into part of a better green area as part of the development. It's not like you'd need to use the whole site if you planned it carefully so there could still be plenty of regular park park.

I guess something to do with protected space/freemen/that sort of thing but just wondered. I know they've tried it before but that was getting on for three decades ago and these lot can probably do a better job of explaining the redevelopment than John Hall could.

Edited by OpenC

I have to go through the anxiety process of trying to get a ticket (so far so good) but I don't want to move. There's something in the fabric there that would be left behind in the event of relocating, West Ham friends have spoken of this very thing,even as Upton park was crumbling they didn't want the move.My guess is our owners will find a way to bring our capacity up to mid 60s, and refurbish the rest to world class level. The downside is all those young uns not getting a chance to see their team live, and that can't be understated. If moving becomes necessary,it has to be the Castle Leazes project revisited for me, mega stadium with the green/gardens type walk up