St James' Park

Delima

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBH I would consider prices in the thousands if I could get a season ticket right now. I don’t have £7k like. 

See this was my thoughts and I couldnjust about justify the 1.5/2k bracket, just.

7k (14k really as it's two minimum) is well out of reach though, and nor would I want to sit there now considering changes .

6 minutes ago, NE27 said:

See this was my thoughts and I couldnjust about justify the 1.5/2k bracket, just.

7k (14k really as it's two minimum) is well out of reach though, and nor would I want to sit there now considering changes .

Did they send you any blurb about what you get for your 7k? Would be interesting to see

*for clarity I don’t have 7k either

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Did they send you any blurb about what you get for your 7k? Would be interesting to see

*for clarity I don’t have 7k either

They did and I'll try uploading the pics from the pdf they sent.

You get all inclusive bar, small plate pre-match scran, post match snacks, analysis from a legend.

Just seems to be the same sketch as the barracks but the gallowgate club bar area is a pretty cush area to be.

It’s quite a scandal if they’re making the tickets 4 times the price and making it only for the rich. 

Are there even enough seats to move the people who will be priced out? 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s quite a scandal if they’re making the tickets 4 times the price and making it only for the rich. 

As far as I'm aware there aren't many ST holders left up there now as they offered a move to the barracks prior to this season at an extra 500 per ticket. Rest of the tickets have been sold on a game by game basis afaik.

But I've been told even the barracks tickets are increasing from next season as well so although cheaper would still be pricey.

I couldn't justify the cost so just took my chances on hopefully negotiating something elsewhere, but that was my risk to take :sad:

I'm not mad, they've got to increase their corporate offerings.

Was just shocked at the 300% increase [emoji38]

26 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This was pointed out when people were so happy to see people being moved from their seats in what will now be the new standing area. At some point as fans we are going to have to demonstrate some level of circumspect thought, if only to show them that we are actually capable of it.

12 minutes ago, Anderson said:

£660 for mine last season, still no word on next season which is odd!

They've frozen the prices again I think? Those on that original 10 year deal have had that extended again so I imagine prices won't go up.

Also given they only issued 1000 STs in the summer, they probably won't issue new STs until they extend the ground imo. I hope they don't anyway given there's no way I can afford one right now.

The Gallowgate has the best atmosphere in the stadium but you're still behind the goal.

If I was paying THAT much I'd want to be sat on the halfway line not too far up, have the loud fans subsidised to sit next to me, a 3 star michelin star meal every matchday and a postgame back rub from Adam Pearson while he whispers "Welcum bak to the channew" in my ear.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They've frozen the prices again I think? Those on that original 10 year deal have had that extended again so I imagine prices won't go up.

Also given they only issued 1000 STs in the summer, they probably won't issue new STs until they extend the ground imo. I hope they don't anyway given there's no way I can afford one right now.

Aye I’d be shocked if they released any this season as surely nobody is giving theirs up, certainly not enough people to warrant a season ticket sale.

Personally I hope they don’t as I cba with the detestation I felt last summer at not getting one despite not thinking for one second I would. 

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

The Gallowgate has the best atmosphere in the stadium but you're still behind the goal.

If I was paying THAT much I'd want to be sat on the halfway line not too far up, have the loud fans subsidised to sit next to me, a 3 star michelin star meal every matchday and a postgame back rub from Adam Pearson while he whispers "Welcum bak to the channew" in my ear.

“Wemember, you are mowtal”

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

:lol:

4 hours ago, Hovagod said:

This was pointed out when people were so happy to see people being moved from their seats in what will now be the new standing area. At some point as fans we are going to have to demonstrate some level of circumspect thought, if only to show them that we are actually capable of it.

Standing area needed to happen tbf. Other clubs have left us behind when it comes to giving fans the option of standing at the match.

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

If they are doing that this summer, I can’t see an expansion happening in the next few years.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I dunno, spending 100k on a refurb and tearing it down in a couple of years is nothing to these people. 

Exactly. Building a new ground would take at least 4 years you’d think from planning stage you’d imagine. 2030 is their big year isn’t it? So if that’s their plan then you’d think they’d open something major that year.

I went to an Arsenal v Chelsea game about 5yrs ago as a corporate hospitality guest of the company I worked for. They hired a box (behind the goal) for 8-10 of us, booze and food included with waitress service, people arrived maybe 1hr before kick off and left straight after, you can't drink booze and watch the match at the same time (they closed blinds on box and you sat in the stadium during the game). It cost the company £17,500 for a single game!!!