St James' Park

Delima

On 08/02/2022 at 07:47, TheGuv said:

Why do we think it was?

Better acoustics and noise couldn’t escape? 

Harder to get tickets too? Older diehards from 60s, 70s, 80s still going? 

The increase in capacity also was the same time people started getting mobile phones so as phones advanced fans attention spans have sadly shortened whether on their phones or not over the years with younger generations.

55 minutes ago, wormy said:

As a dirty southerner, if I was to attempt (and somehow succeed in) getting a season ticket next year, would it be fairly straightforward to pass entry on to a local to make use of if ever I couldn't make it to a match?

Based on the demand I know I'd only have a slim chance anyway but I don't want a seat to go to waste if I can't make it so would be a big factor in whether I even bother to queue.

You'd be able to pass it on no problem. Seen tickets changing hands yesterday for double face value, and whilst I'm totally against selling your ticket for anymore than FV it just shows the levels of demand. And that's for a team in the relegation zone. Imagine what demanding be like when we actually start challenging!  60,000 would be nowhere near enough.

8 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

You'd be able to pass it on no problem. Seen tickets changing hands yesterday for double face value, and whilst I'm totally against selling your ticket for anymore than FV it just shows the levels of demand. And that's for a team in the relegation zone. Imagine what demanding be like when we actually start challenging!  60,000 would be nowhere near enough.

:thup: I'd like it known I'm not looking to make money out of it if it happened. :lol: Was more about the logistics of getting someone access while I'm the other end of the country.

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

:thup: I'd like it known I'm not looking to make money out of it if it happened. :lol: Was more about the logistics of getting someone access while I'm the other end of the country.

Haha I know mate and I certainly wasn't implying that. I was just emphasising the point that tickets are already in huge demand and that is only going to get bigger and bigger. If you are lucky enough to ever find yourself in possession of a season ticket you'll have no problem in selling it for games you can't make it up to.

Went into a box last night and it was a great experience,  food never stopped , waitress beer service was however very slow , however it was a tremendous experience I'd love to get used to, felt special. 

21 minutes ago, wormy said:

It’d be great if the club set up a resale service for ST holders to sell their ticket for any games they can’t make should they wish.

I’ve been to NFL games and know you can do it there, however the prices fluctuate based on the demand/team’s performance. I’d happily cap mine at face value.

Only counterargument, I guess, is you might get people buying them who rarely decide to go and just want to keep it for loyalty points/cup final tickets and the like, which isn’t really fair?

38 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

It’d be great if the club set up a resale service for ST holders to sell their ticket for any games they can’t make should they wish.

I’ve been to NFL games and know you can do it there, however the prices fluctuate based on the demand/team’s performance. I’d happily cap mine at face value.

Only counterargument, I guess, is you might get people buying them who rarely decide to go and just want to keep it for loyalty points/cup final tickets and the like, which isn’t really fair?

i think people would just hold on to their ST's even ig=f they wernt going to go , just to sell them

Its so like the Hall/Keegan era.

Its now little touches like statues, sponsorship down, improved media allied with doing the big things like new sponsorship, going for big signings.

Where it was beambacks, club crest on the Leazes, spruce up the tunnel allied with top signings, extending the stadium and rapid commercial growth.

Edited by Wolfcastle

15 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its so like the Hall/Keegan era.

Its now little touches like statues, sponsorship down, improved media allied with doing the big things like new sponsorship, going for big signings.

Where it was beambacks, club crest on the Leazes, spruce up the tunnel allied with top signings, extending the stadium and rapid commercial growth.

Regular reminder Hall never put a penny into the club and sold it for millions......to Ashley

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Regular reminder Hall never put a penny into the club and sold it for millions......to Ashley

But transformed our club, if not for SJH, there would be no PIF, just a reminder…