St James' Park

Delima

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

For the price it cost to build its a brilliant stadium.

Pound for pound it’s a fucking brilliant stadium, under 20m I think?

Guest neesy111

Those plans for the bernebeu are either stupid or brain-dead.  Try air-conditioning that place for an expo between may and September, where it's 35+ most days.

20 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Those plans for the bernebeu are either stupid or brain-dead.  Try air-conditioning that place for an expo between may and September, where it's 35+ most days.

The Qataris are taking care of that technology for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

Dear me. Aye, I’m sure the designers haven’t factored that in at all.

Character, my arse. The new Bernabeu looks absolutely sensational.

I’m happy to stay at SJP, and happy to move to a super duper stadium.  I’ll go with the flow on this one.

What does frighten me is the number of budding T Dan Smiths in the support who’d be comfortable knocking down Grade I listed buildings to get an extra few thousand into the East Stand.  The type who’d bemoan the loss of tradition in leaving SJP, but would have zero issue with smashing up a part of the city’s heritage. 

Personally I think the Sunderland stadium is flat pack, McDonald’s restaurant rinse and repeat shite. I’d hate to swap sjp for something similar even if it had 80,000 capacity. And don’t get me started on it’s out of town retail park type location. :suicide:

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Only 155k? Damn. I need to move to England.

That’s for a one bedroom flat in a medium sized provincial city in a region with the lowest average wages in the UK.  That’s a lot of money all things considered. 

44 minutes ago, RS said:

Personally I think the Sunderland stadium is flat pack, McDonald’s restaurant rinse and repeat shite. I’d hate to swap sjp for something similar even if it had 80,000 capacity. And don’t get me started on it’s out of town retail park type location. :suicide:

Yeah, it’s bloody awful - all those types of grounds are.  Derby is still my least favourite - literal middle of bastard nowhere, identikit to Boro’s; though with better air quality

27 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That’s for a one bedroom flat in a medium sized provincial city in a region with the lowest average wages in the UK.  That’s a lot of money all things considered. 

Be worth sitting on it to see what the Saudis would offer to knock it down 😂

59 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Be worth sitting on it to see what the Saudis would offer to knock it down 😂

I'd be like that woman who clung onto her terraced house when Ewood Park was being redeveloped - I wouldn't allow the bulldozers in.  Leazes Terrace's own version of Swampy :).

Has anyone who's walked past the stadium in the last week or so noticed if they've got people to give the stadium a proper clean? Would be nice to see the stench from the last 15 years completely gone.

18 minutes ago, Cort said:

Has anyone who's walked past the stadium in the last week or so noticed if they've got people to give the stadium a proper clean? Would be nice to see the stench from the last 15 years completely gone.

I've still got the stench of the 60s/70/80s Gallowgate pissers in my nostrils. 

39 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

Them bogs were grim, especially when been pissing it down too

Nearest you get is that, 1st of the day, lag after a full session on the drink the night before. Fully dehydrated yellow piss. If your bathroom is riddled with damp that'll get you bonus points & nearer the full aroma

Edited by Groundhog63

1 hour ago, Cort said:

Loads of vans , skips etc so seem to be doing something.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Slim said:

Probably bought a ground tour and guy showing him round told him what's getting done.  Or he's just guessing as normal.

Aliens dropped him off inside the ground after his latest abduction.