St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Not long after it was put up, the Hull match had to be delayed an hour because it wasn’t tied correctly, and the wind was banging it against the glass.

The TV should never have been on the glass, but fixed to the cladding below the glass, of course Mike had SD in mind for that bit.

Sorry to be pedantic but I think it was Leicester. 1-0 win IIRC. 

He's canny as fuck this fella and I enjoy his stuff. Christ he could do with a hand with the production values mind. :lol:

Interesting stuff in this vid though and loads I didn't already know. Interview with the woman from the Leazes group was cool, she seems bang on. 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He's canny as fuck this fella and I enjoy his stuff. Christ he could do with a hand with the production values mind. :lol:

Interesting stuff in this vid though and loads I didn't already know. Interview with the woman from the Leazes group was cool, she seems bang on. 

Somewhat lacks the comedy value of Adam P and his latest vid en route to Austria via gay Paris though.

I know a ground expansion would be good (but maybe we should just stick to 55,000 or 60,000)

Man city tickets went on sale today , I logged on 9.59 ….I got on to the system after 10 mins - all sorted 4 seats together in the gallowgate 

Then …around 12,00 oclock - no queue 

Still 1,000 tickets left at that point 

Told my mate who had forgot to log on

he….nabbed 2 without an issue (he is a member) but he wasn’t expecting anything to be left 

Edited by JonBez comesock

10 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I know a ground expansion would be good (but maybe we should just stick to 55,000 or 60,000)

Man city tickets went on sale today , I logged on 9.59 ….I got on to the system after 10 mins - all sorted 4 seats together in the gallowgate 

Then …around 12,00 oclock - no queue 

Still 1,000 tickets left at that point 

Told my mate who had forgot to log on

he….nabbed 2 without an issue (he is a member) but he wasn’t expecting anything to be left 

It's 7 hours after they went on sale to members and this is what's left.

The demand is ridiculous. 

Screenshot_20220721-165020_Chrome.jpg

You're probably not wrong, at the moment, but you have to take into account that this is only the start, if the owners ambitions are realised I dare say an increase of 8k would fall short of demand more often than not. 

Demand is not endless though nor is it entirely based on the quality of side on the pitch. 

I'd make an argument that demand among matchgoing locally based fans is unlikely to ever significantly exceed the current demand levels. This is peak fever pitch at the moment. It's about momentum and the feeling of going somewhere, particularly after years of shit. Even if we became hyper successful there will become a point where it becomes boring and mundane. If we settle into steady but unspectacular improvement the hype absolutely will die down. Particularly when ticket prices go up. 60k is would be absolutely fine IMO.

Increasing significantly beyond that is only really justifiable if you're looking to attract loads of tourists. Which is questionable whether or not it's even desirable from an atmosphere point of view - before you get onto potential demand on this front.

Edited by ponsaelius

I'm not saying it's endless, I just think if they're going to go through the trouble of expanding, they should probably aim higher than 60k....just my opinion of course, which doesn't take into account the whole 'how do we expand significantly without moving' debate :lol:

49 minutes ago, Wilson said:

You're probably not wrong, at the moment, but you have to take into account that this is only the start, if the owners ambitions are realised I dare say an increase of 8k would fall short of demand more often than not. 

Exactly. Demand isn't endless but nor is it limited to what it is now.

There was space to get in and see the first game of 92/93 but a few weeks later it was all ticket and soon after that an all season ticket lock-out for years and had to be extended again long after the hype and the KK era. The 6k increase then was instantly nowhere near enough and everyone's gates are way up now on the gates then.

I just wouldn't make that mistake again if it can be avoided. 

Edited by Wolfcastle

39 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Demand is not endless though nor is it entirely based on the quality of side on the pitch. 

I'd make an argument that demand among matchgoing locally based fans is unlikely to ever significantly exceed the current demand levels. This is peak fever pitch at the moment. It's about momentum and the feeling of going somewhere, particularly after years of shit. Even if we became hyper successful there will become a point where it becomes boring and mundane. If we settle into steady but unspectacular improvement the hype absolutely will die down. Particularly when ticket prices go up. 60k is would be absolutely fine IMO.

Increasing significantly beyond that is only really justifiable if you're looking to attract loads of tourists. Which is questionable whether or not it's even desirable from an atmosphere point of view - before you get onto potential demand on this front.

I suppose this is where we disagree.  Whilst it is manic for tickets at the moment, if we reach the success the owners are aiming for tickets will be like hens teeth.  I don't think where we're at now is peak demand, and that's before even considering 'tourists'.

Edit: Don't get me wrong by the way, I'm not one of these who think we'll pack out 100k week in week out, I just think 60k would be a modest jump.

Edited by Wilson

I don't even think it's as manic as people are making out, tbh. It's obviously exceeding current supply of 52k but to what degree is impossible to know until you actually expand. It will always seem insatiable until it ticks over the saturation point.

The season ticket sales has warped things massively because you had the current matchday demand all going for 1k tickets. That obviously therefore seemed like a golden ticket situation and has sent people into hyperdrive. Actually anybody with a membership had no issue getting tickets for Man City today. This is a much fairer reflection of actual  demand.

There is definitely scope for expansion and it is worthwhile for sure. But demand is really not entirely bound to success or ambition or quality of team or the competition you're playing in. We didn't sell out many CL games back in the day - just like City get ridiculously mocked for now. Factors like ticket prices and cost of living will come into it massively. As will geography - it's far easier to tack on 10k worth of tourists at WHL or Olympic Stadium than it is in Newcastle (as much as footy tourism would be a huge boost for the city).

Wonder what the cost would be of building a replica of the listed Leazes Terrace buildings in Leazes park then demolishing the original as opposed to building a new stadium ?

Then just extend the stadium 

Edited by RealGoneKid
missed a bit out

56 minutes ago, RealGoneKid said:

Wonder what the cost would be of building a replica of the listed Leazes Terrace buildings in Leazes park then demolishing the original as opposed to building a new stadium ?

Could we do that but instead of wasting money on such a big project, could we not just make the façade look similar but fuck all behind them?

Looked fine in the westerns.

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Just did the stadium tour. Apparently the renovations in the concourses cost £9m in total. Also the rail seats were being installed when I was there.

must mean more was done than simply cleaning, painting, etc.