Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Thought he was considering retiring from International Football anways after the next couple of matches?

Still reports we might try and get Anelka aswell as Viduka. Would certainly have us covered if true.

That would mean either of the other three will be leaving if that happens, hope it's Ameobi if thats the case.

United made me fell wanted

Jun 6 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Joey Barton will ignore late bids by both West Ham and Manchester City to sign a five-year contract for Newcastle United in the next 24 hours.

And United will pull off a double whammy by "stealing" Mark Viduka from Middlesbrough on a three-year deal tomorrow.

He will be joined at St James' by Viduka, who returned from holiday today and will sign tomorrow.

Oh and good old Mick has a say on the matter, as always...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=quinny%2D-vid%2Ds-world%2Dclass%26method=full%26objectid=19254418%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Quinny: Vid's world-class

Jun 6 2007

By Lee Ryder, The Evening Chronicle

Micky Quinn today claimed that Newcastle United had clinched the signing of one of the best strikers on the planet in Mark Viduka.

The ex-Toon No 9 accepts that Viduka can also be one of the most frustrating players in the Premiership on his day too, but was delighted to see such an experienced and proven star on his way to St James' Park.

Viduka yesterday told Middlesbrough he wasn't interested in extending his stay at the Riverside and Quinn feels that "exciting times" lie in wait for the Geordies, with the Aussie and Joey Barton looking like the first on board Sam Allardyce's black-and-white revolution.

Quinn said today: "Mark can be one of the most frustrating players around at times, and I don't mind saying that.

"He can look lazy and disinterested.

"But he can also look like a world-class striker too.

"And I really think he is one of the best players in the world.

"Football is all about inspiration and Viduka will certainly have that at Newcastle.

"Come on, you cannot be inspired by playing in half-empty stadiums at Boro with rows of empty red seats!

"At Newcastle he will be playing in front of 52,000 screaming Geordies week in, week out.

"If you can't be inspired by that, then nothing will - but I think he will be fully inspired."

Viduka has scored goals for Croatia Zagreb, Celtic, Leeds and Boro and netted 19 times last season despite the Teessiders' poor form.

Quinn, who knows a thing or two about scoring goals after plundering 231 goals from career 512 games, added: "Viduka has everything.

"He is big and strong and can score with his left, right and in the air.

"Looking back at the World Cup, he was Australia's best player and lead the line on his own. That tells its own story."

Quinn also joked that Viduka has broken a trend by signing for United.

He quipped: "I have never known an Aussie to have taste but Mark must have some to pick Newcastle!"

Like the underlined bit a lot meself...

:lol: You've got to love Mick Quinn really.

He's bound to be a big fan of Viduka, he's the only player to play for Newcastle who's fatter than him. :lol: ;)

Loved the comment about the Smogs. Absolutely spot on aswell.

Guest andynufc84

He's bound to be a big fan of Viduka, he's the only player to play for Newcastle who's fatter than him. :lol: ;)

Aye definately

have a read of his book sometime, quality

Chant I've been sent...

You are an Aussie

My Mark Viduka

You left the smoggies

Cos their sky is grey

You'll never know Mark

How much we love you

For tossing those peados away!

I like it

Yeah it's kinda catchy!

Made me laugh on century fm during a break, when they had some actor claiming he loved the boro and pleading with fans to turn up next season in some shitty p.r stunt!

What a set of flids!

Is Mick Quinn a Newcastle fan nowadays, then?

When has he ever been a fan of us like mate? As far as I'm aware he's always been a Liverpool fan, grew up watching Liverpool games on the Kop, idolised Keegan until he sold him down the river here. Has always said his best time playing has been up here and he loves the place but he's never actually supported us as implied by saying he's a fan.

Quote from Sam this morning;

"Mark is almost in the bag. It's been difficult because he has been on holiday, but we're nearly there," said Allardyce.

"We hope to sort out a medical next week and then that will be done."

"To get Mark and Joey in one week is not bad going and I'm delighted, particularly with how crazy the transfer market can be. But they are not the only things we've been working on."

:D

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=allardyce-eyes-israeli-stopper%26method=full%26objectid=19259342%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest Emre05

O0 Great news, Last year Roeder wanted to wait until the World Cup was over !! ( and in the end we didnt buy any players who featured in the world cup !! )

We had to wait until mid july last year for our 1st signing in Duff so this is good going by Allardyce who has even been on holidays since he took over and still got the job done !!

So far so good

If SA mentioned we may be in for Anelka, where does that leave Martins?

Or are we going to have Owen Viduka Martins & Anelka?

That has to be the best strikeforce of any team in the prem? I mean all have proven track records except Martins, but even he didn't do bad for his 1st season!

As we all know Anelka and Owen can play together, and i'm sure Viduka and Martins would be leathal too!

This has to be one of the greatest build up's to a season i've ever witnessed! And my ringers twitching for the pre-season tournaments to start!

Get in!  ;D