Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good fucking riddance. Delighted to see the back of him, the baggage far outwieghs his ability. Delighted we stood our ground on this bonus issue too, which I assume is now over considering we've probably "paid" him with your money.

Now I wonder what washed-up never-was we should spend our 300k on...

Buy Sibierski! :lol:

I was thinking more Marcus Bent. :laugh: :uglystupid2:

Just looking at that pic on the Man City website I'm asking myself just what have we let ourselves in for?

Thats Barton getting sent off for a frustrated lunge on Abdouley (sp?!) Faye. I doubt that makes the top 10 Barton whoopsies  :laugh:

Barton is such a wanker refusing to let that £300k go to the point that his new club had to step in and pay it.

He really doesn't do himself any favours.

This, however, does. And its not even one of those things that you could just put down to a rush of blood or a moment of madness. :huff:

Barton is such a w****** refusing to let that £300k go to the point that his new club had to step in and pay it.

Didn't he say something a few weeks ago about wishing players played for football instead of money?

Seem like a right dickhead, I'm afraid to say, not that we didn't know that already, but he's come to a new club looking for a fresh start and he can't even put pen to paper without kicking up a fuss out of greed.

Don't want to sound like I'm defending him, but he comes across as a head strong character so maybe it was out of principal more than greed...

Thats Barton getting sent off for a frustrated lunge on Abdouley (sp?!) Faye. I doubt that makes the top 10 Barton whoopsies  :laugh:

That was absolutely appalling, not something I hope to see from him in black and white.

Just got the official text from the club.  SMS users get the info first?  Bollocks do they...  First before Man Citys site,  the BBC,  Sky Sports & The Northern Echo :D

Confirmed its a 5 year,  £5.8m deal.  Nothing new there then.

Barton is such a w****** refusing to let that £300k go to the point that his new club had to step in and pay it.

Didn't he say something a few weeks ago about wishing players played for football instead of money?

Seem like a right dickhead, I'm afraid to say, not that we didn't know that already, but he's come to a new club looking for a fresh start and he can't even put pen to paper without kicking up a fuss out of greed.

Don't want to sound like I'm defending him, but he comes across as a head strong character so maybe it was out of principal more than greed...

This is based on nothing but speculation but I am thinking along the lines of....

McKay will be expecting a cut of this £300k being Bartons agent and all so maybe he was put in a position by his agent where he either holds out for the money and Penis, er Willie gets his cut or JB pays McKay from his own pocket. Barton refused to pay it himself..

As said, pure speculation but I don't think it would be that strange for the agent to demand money he thinks he is owed one way or another.

I haven't forgotten when Duncan Ferguson refused to move back to Everton unless he got his pay off, he wanted a lot more than £300,000 too.

£300k is a lot of money, even if you're a professional football player. If that money was due to him, then he was right to hold out for it. I don't think anyone would have done any differently. Assuming that Manchester City was obliged to pay him that money, then it was the club that was in the wrong.

Just got the official text from the club.   SMS users get the info first?  Bollocks do they...  First before Man Citys site,  the BBC,  Sky Sports & The Northern Echo :D

Confirmed its a 5 year,  £5.8m deal.   Nothing new there then.

SMS users get it before it's on .cock

They can't do anything about news sources picking it up from City's site.

Guest Toon83

Great deal to get Viduka and Barton for less than we sold Parker for (£7m), Barton will finally provide the replacement for Robert Lee, box to box tackler who scores goals.

:D

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/nufc4ever/d77188d4.gif

these photo's....isn't Barton supposedly in Dubai?  They must have been taken before he fucked off there...

We probably shipped the sign and shirt out there. :hmm:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z223/nufc4ever/d77188d4.gif

these photo's....isn't Barton supposedly in Dubai?  They must have been taken before he f***** off there...

It looks like the inside of our official club shop in Dubai.