Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

Not a hope. They signed him for £7m or something, they wouldn't let him go for tuppence, especially when he's as reliable as he is. £5m. And it'd be worth it.

Nah, not a chance chelsea would hold out for 5m for what essentially is a squad player. If/when they sign Chimbonda i would say 2.5m on the table. Not many clubs would pay more than that.

Guest Sniffer

Never been impressed with ben haim. If he has so little ambition that he wants to warm the bench unless there is an injury so be it and i'm glad he isn't coming to join us. I want players who are hungry and he doesn't fit the bill.

I'm a bit surprised at this decision. Chelsea are only buying him as cover for Carvalho and Terry, so they won't have to play Essien at CB as with last season.

There may be something more to it, like preferring a move to London.

I think it was always going to be either Rozenhal or *Haim along with a very experienced CB like Hyypia.

I am fully expecting the bid for Rozenhal to be firmed up now that Haim has signed with Chelsea. I think we have been so tentative with the Rozenhal bid because we were waiting for a reply from Haim, which we have now received.

*Ben Haim will now be referred to as Haim from now on in protest to his decision to sign for Chelsea rather than Newcastle.

I think it was always going to be either Rozenhal or *Haim along with a very experienced CB like Hyypia.

I am fully expecting the bid for Rozenhal to be firmed up now that Haim has signed with Chelsea. I think we have been so tentative with the Rozenhal bid because we were waiting for a reply from Haim, which we have now received.

*Ben Haim will now be referred to as Haim from now on in protest to his decision to sign for Chelsea rather than Newcastle.

Good shout on the Rozenhal situation. I always get the feeling when a club is rejected by someone it makes them more eager to appease the fans with another signing. Rightly or wrongly.

Guest mishka17

he's stupid. he will be sitting on the bench all the time and playing only in curling/fa cups. after a year or two he will join newcastle for couple of mlns because he wanna play first team football...same for sidwell