Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

So much for him joining on monday.

To be fair that's just the media selling stories and the fans buying it out of blind hope.

There's ages left in the transfer window. Don't expect so much so quick and you'll not be let down. ;)

He flew into London last night to seal a move to Chelsea, according to The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007270467,00.html

Might be meeting Sam in London. Didn't Sam meet Viduka in London to sign him?

he may have been flying in to finalise a chelsea deal....all it takes is a phone call to alter things.

believe nowt till official announcement

Good quote from Mourinho...

But Mourinho said: “I’m not worried about United. They can only play 11 players and if they played them all, Ryan Giggs would be out of the team — and that would make me very happy.

“When Chelsea were spending everybody said we were buying the title and that we were obliged to win every week.

“Now I’m waiting to see if those people put us in the last place of contenders to win the Premiership.

“They have to put United first, Liverpool second — they haven’t spent much yet but they will — and then Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Newcastle.”

Good quote from Mourinho...

But Mourinho said: “I’m not worried about United. They can only play 11 players and if they played them all, Ryan Giggs would be out of the team — and that would make me very happy.

“When Chelsea were spending everybody said we were buying the title and that we were obliged to win every week.

“Now I’m waiting to see if those people put us in the last place of contenders to win the Premiership.

“They have to put United first, Liverpool second — they haven’t spent much yet but they will — and then Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Newcastle.”

more jose talk......if ryan giggs doen't play it's cos they have someone better...he's not worried,should be.the team that beat them to the title last season has strengthened,he hasnt yet.

Guest johnson293

If all the reports are true, that we are preparing to match the wage offered by Chelsea, and guarantee him first team footy, I suppose it'll come down to the players ambition.

He can go to Chelsea, possibly not play that often, and probably pick up a medal or two at the end of the season as a squad player.

or

He can come here, play every game baring injury (and loss of form hopefully), for a manager he knows, and be a key part of a new exciting beginning at the club, and potentially be challenging for a domestic cup, and hopefully be playing in Europe again after the forthcoming season - and be an integral part of any success that comes along.

Either way he'll (allegedly) get the same money out of the deal - just depends what he will take as better personal satisfaction in the longterm.

Lets hope for a nice surprise with the decision, if it comes today.

Just because it confirms in the Sun that he will sign for Chelsea im still quietly confident Sam will get his man.

I think we will lose this battle.

I think you're right, it's only confirming what the Bolton press were saying a couple of days ago.  I tend to be philosophical when these things happen.  After all, it's not as though there's no other defender available that you could go after as an alternative.

Guest Breezer

I also think he will move to Chelski too. will be disappointed but if this is the case, i hope this is done quickly so we can move on to new targets.

Time for Ashley to put his money where his mouth is!

Shame he's been seduced by the wankbags at chelsea, but if we have to pay top dollar for a CB now! Maybe even 2 if that Czech bloke doesn't sign!

Anyone else think were cursed when it comes to defenders? We just can't seem to get quality in! And when we do as in Woodgate, they never fucking play anyway.

Fuck me, if Chelski sign Ben Haim, and finally get Alex as well, then they'll have 4 really good centre halves.

If only we could get one...  :(

Ah well, if this is true, better we know now and Sam moves on to another target. Agree that MA may need to splash some cash if we want to get serious quality at the back, which everyone agrees is a must...

it is in the  icelandic news today that Newcaste is trying to sign Gretar Steinsson from az alkmaar,i think he would be a decent right-back for newcastle.

SSN had him linked with Boro earlier this week.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471424&CPID=8&clid=25&lid=&title=Boro+target+Icelander

They reckoned on a £4m fee.

yeah thats the same price they are taking about now

f*** me, if Chelski sign Ben Haim, and finally get Alex as well, then they'll have 4 really good centre halves.

If only we could get one...   :(

Ah well, if this is true, better we know now and Sam moves on to another target. Agree that MA may need to splash some cash if we want to get serious quality at the back, which everyone agrees is a must...

There are a limited number of targets.  Is it TOO EARLY for Ashley to start showing he means business??

Personally, I do not think it is too early.

I know he has not taken over yet, but a quick word in Shepherds ear . . . .

Guest johnson293

People talk about not taking the likes of Hyppia, as they are Liverpool rejects.

Mike Ashley claims he wants us to be a top 3 team again, within a few years?

How about as a statement of intent, we go in to one of the top 4 clubs, and bid for one of their top defenders?

The moves may not come to anything, but it may show that we want to be taken seriously, and are prepared to try and take players from the teams we want to see as our rivals again.

What about Gallas at Arsenal, or even something as bold as Carvalho at Chelsea, if they do get Ben Haim to go with Alex and John Terry?

If Mike Ashley honestly intends us to be challenging those clubs again, we need to be seen as bold enough to try and raid them for players as well... and not just their 'cast-offs'.

Anyone agree, or am I living in cloud cuckoo land????  :crazy2: