Who would you sign now?

toptoon

Aye that's what i mean, I'm sure if he leaves Athletico he'll want to further his career and win things, not move sideways. He won't be short of offers either.

If he want's legendary status then he can stay at the club he supports like Shearer did here, he has no connection with us.

I wonder if our bid is still on the table for him from 2yrs ago...was it 23m?

"Nantes midfielder Christian Wilhelmsson could be a major possibility for Toulouse as the relegated club are willing to let him go.

The Swedish international, who spent part of last season on loan at Roma, would likely cost around €3million (£2million). "

SSN's article.

I've seen him a couple of times for Sweden (once against England i think) super sub, can play just about in any attacking position, fast and gets (creates) goals.

£2m could be a very good squad player, and also tie us over until Duff gets back to fitness on the left.

Guest graemeh72

and also tie us over until Duff gets back to fitness on the left.

5 year contract then?

"Nantes midfielder Christian Wilhelmsson could be a major possibility for Toulouse as the relegated club are willing to let him go.

The Swedish international, who spent part of last season on loan at Roma, would likely cost around €3million (£2million). "

SSN's article.

I've seen him a couple of times for Sweden (once against England i think) super sub, can play just about in any attacking position, fast and gets (creates) goals.

£2m could be a very good squad player, and also tie us over until Duff gets back to fitness on the left.

Good shout.  Thought the same when I read the article.  Right now I'd rather we commited all resources to solving our defence, assuming Micky & Oba stay to partner Viduka next season.

Guest Moe-Ali

and also tie us over until Duff gets back to fitness on the left.

5 year contract then?

:lol:

Should just about cover him, push for 6?  :undecided:

And a release clause of 3.5 million

I would sign wes brown, have another go at wayne bridge offering owen at the same time and with the change would pitch in a bid for Anelka who has been in great form every time I' saw bolton play last season.

Would also buy a right back but not sure who??

Guest samtoonarmy

We need to sign:

LB either Wayne Bridge/Leigton Baines

RB someone like Luke Young (RB not that important as we have Nobby Solano)

CB someone with experiance like Sol Campbell/Sami Hypia

CF if either Martins/ Owen goes then I'd like to see someone like Darren Bent or Craig Bellamy even though off the field he can cause problems but I definatley think we need someone with pace and can score 20+ goals a season

Guest Stubbs

We've been linked to signing Habib Beye in just about every paper, but nothin in terms of a bid or talks with the player.

Wonder if we'll turn out attentions to him now?

CF if either Martins/ Owen goes then I'd like to see someone like Darren Bent or Craig Bellamy even though off the field he can cause problems but I definatley think we need someone with pace and can score 20+ goals a season

I would bet a lot of money that Craig Bellamy will NEVER score 20+ goals in one season, whilst he's in the Premiership.

Guest samtoonarmy

I would bet a lot of money that Craig Bellamy will NEVER score 20+ goals in one season, whilst he's in the Premiership.

I know Bellamy won't score more than 20 goals - I think the highest he has ever got was 16 but but Bent would score 20+ goals.

Guest SwissMagpie

Baines

Drenthe(can play as LW)

Curtis Davies

Bakari Sagna

Khalid Boularouz(can play LB CB RB)