Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

What I don't really understand about this whole thing is that Dyer claims to want to move for family reasons.........  All his family is in Ipswich, Suffolk yet he seems to want to move to North London???

He is a total prick and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Tottenham to Ipswich is ~80 miles.

Newcastle to Ipswich is ~280 miles.

Guest Strunz

He can hardly go back to play for Ipswich can he?  :lol:

That's were he's fvcking heading with a little luck (no offence to Ipswich).

He'll flop at Spurs, blinded by London's bright lights, be out all the time, get injured, then go back to where he came from.

Usual football arc

He wants to go there cos all his England mates are there while Bowyer is waiting for him at WHU.  :knuppel2: I can't wait for the next WHU v Spuds game. Dyer will be smacking Bowyer around while Defoe bites him on the ankle.

:laugh:

What I don't really understand about this whole thing is that Dyer claims to want to move for family reasons.........  All his family is in Ipswich, Suffolk yet he seems to want to move to North London???

Obviously London is closer to Suffolk than Newcastle, that's not what I meant specifically.  He still wouldn't be there every night etc would he?  Therefore he may as well be in Australia because it is not "home".

He clearly believes that he is too good to be at Newcastle, one of the very few players who have not recognised the fact that the club is changing for the better and moving forward.

Truth, he is bloody lucky to have been with us for as long as he has been.  He has milked his salary for years and while we stood by him through the mystery illness / recurrent hamstring he has stood laughing all the way to the bank!!

It would seem fitting for Dyer to end up at Spurs. He will now follow the Ginola career arc to anonymity.

Goes to Spurs for a season plays well below expectations (with only the briefest flashes of competatnce) then get injured and/or dropped from the first team goes onto even less fashionable club in Birmingham (sorry brummie) for almost nothing then fails to ever regain fitness, retires then writes book about being an "England International" that no one reads.

The End

It would seem fitting for Dyer to end up at Spurs. He will now follow the Ginola career arc to anonymity.

Goes to Spurs for a season plays well below expectations (with only the briefest flashes of competatnce) then get injured and/or dropped from the first team goes onto even less fashionable club in Birmingham (sorry brummie) for almost nothing then fails to ever regain fitness, retires then writes book about being an "England International" that no one reads.

The End

Class

Obviously London is closer to Suffolk than Newcastle, that's not what I meant specifically.  He still wouldn't be there every night etc would he?  Therefore he may as well be in Australia because it is not "home".

I've no idea what the 'family reasons' are mate, I was just making the point that whatever they may be, being 200 miles closer to home is likely to be a major plus.

Guest Toonie

the only thing is, who can we get for 5 million. if this is to help fund a transfer for a class player, im all for it. however i dont think we can get anyone for 5 million who is good enough to challenge for a starting place in our midfield.

the only thing is, who can we get for 5 million. if this is to help fund a transfer for a class player, im all for it. however i dont think we can get anyone for 5 million who is good enough to challenge for a starting place in our midfield.

Remind me how much we paid for Geremi.

Depending on his injuries I think we could be strengthening a rival here. Got a feeling he'll go there and go a season injury-free! But if he wants to go then there's no point stopping him.

Up to us to sign a replacement now, all our central midfielders are injured, we need to bring one in. Is anyone that confident we'll get one?

The End

Ginola was superb for at least one season at Tottenham, arguably his best year in England. Won Player of the Year.

Nonsense. Tottenham is on the way out of London towards Ipswich. Their training ground is probably even further in that direction. There's no reason he couldn't live in or near Ipswich.

The End

Ginola was superb for at least one season at Tottenham, arguably his best year in England. Won Player of the Year.

;D

Beat me to it!

.com seem to think there could be some sort of part exchange deal on the cards.

wouldnt mind!for who though?lennon would be good.but sam likes big strong players!

:lol: Lennon? you don't think they'd seriously swap Lennon for Dyer?

Danny Rose           

Adel Taarabt          

Didier Zokora          

Jermaine Jenas          

Hossam Ghaly   :kasper:        

Wayne Routledge          

Jamie O'Hara          

Aaron Lennon        

Teemu Tainio          

Danny Murphy   ???       

Steed Malbranque

Danny Rose