Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

Responding to West Ham boss Alan Curbishley's criticism of United, Big Sam declared:

"Curbs started it"

I'm a little confused, what exactly did Curbishley start?

Did Allardyce not just admit that it was us that bumped up the price?

Guest Guinness

Hopefully they'll up their bid soon, this could either work out really well in terms of getting a higher fee for him or really badly in terms of having a player on our books who doesn't want to be here.

think we are the ones being completely unprofessional about this to be honest, to agree a fee on wed and let the player have a medical and agree personal terms to then ask for more money at the last minute is very shoddy for me and west ham are very entitled to tell us to Fook off, leaving us with an unmotivated very unhappy player.  imagine the boot was on the other foot e.g villareal decide tonight to ask for another 2m we would be up in arms.

Responding to West Ham boss Alan Curbishley's criticism of United, Big Sam declared:

"Curbs started it"

I'm a little confused, what exactly did Curbishley start?

Did Allardyce not just admit that it was us that bumped up the price?

There's a reason behind it obviously.

think we are the ones being completely unprofessional about this to be honest, to agree a fee on wed and let the player have a medical and agree personal terms to then ask for more money at the last minute is very shoddy for me and west ham are very entitled to tell us to Fook off, leaving us with an unmotivated very unhappy player.  imagine the boot was on the other foot e.g villareal decide tonight to ask for another 2m we would be up in arms.

Agreed.

Guest Knightrider

Unprofessional of us, or rather twatish of us, but meh, we've been the victim of twatishness in the past so fuck them.

Can't there's a release clause.

But you have to consider that Ashley hates WHU with a passion, they are WHU, they are getting a player on the cheap because of 'family reasons' yet there is talk those reasons spawned out of a tap up by them, Dyer hasn't handed in a transfer request so isn't that desperate to leave, and again its WHU the most hated team in the Country full of tosser fans, scummy players, and a dirty cheating board.

Curbs is the only likable thing about them, only because he's passive and boring.

But we upped the price because of something they have done, it's them who look to have been unprofessional about it.

But we upped the price because of something they have done, it's them who look to have been unprofessional about it.

Not according to Allardyce, he said we undervalued him so have raised the price.  if we do have info about a tapping up which is very possible considering bellend is there we should just take the 6m then report west ham, one thing is for certain is that this whole situation in my opinion has made dyer's role at the club completely untenable(spelling) making the cancelling of the deal even more perplexing

Not according to Allardyce, he said we undervalued him so have raised the price.  if we do have info about a tapping up which is very possible considering bellend is there we should just take the 6m then report west ham, one thing is for certain is that this whole situation in my opinion has made dyer's role at the club completely untenable(spelling) making the cancelling of the deal even more perplexing

Its a daft/brave move by the club, if we get extra then we did well, we played poker and won, if were left with Dyer on the books come 1st September then we've dropped the ball imo.

totally agree.  the way we have handled this i can see west ham just washing their hands with the deal and looking elsewhere.

Hmmm.

WHU's options are more limited than ours when it comes to signing players. A: Because Curbs isn't a very good scout and keeps going for known players, B: A lot of players see WHU as a joke right now and only players with serious defects or personality problems want to take their money.

They really are turning into NUFC of old, it can only spell one thing.

They want Dyer more than we want to sell him imo, i know the fans want rid, but SA would love to keep his pace on the books, in a 4-3-3 he could be deadly if he knuckles down, so SA isn't so bothered to keep him for two years.

We all know if he's here by September, he'll step up his game, play some blinding football, then bag himself a new 5 year deal and history repeats itself. I'd rather him be gone, chuck out the chintz, but if he stays its not going to be a major problem for SA who was probably looking forward to getting the best out of Dyer which every other manager has failed to do.

Dyer will have a better career here, simply as Curbs won't get the best out of him, he'll have the Dyer we've seen of the last few years. Dyer's best career move would be to stay, i'm sure it wouldn't be so hard for him to do even if he does want to move away.

Guest fraser

totally agree.  the way we have handled this i can see west ham just washing their hands with the deal and looking elsewhere.

Because they are all honourable men.

From my point of view it is evidence that we are not desperate to sell, or have to sell before buying or weigh salary costs against expected transfer income. We are clearly financially robust enough to tell others no.

Bit more detail here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473380&in_page_id=1779

Allardyce blamed West Ham officials for the farce. 'If Curbs started it, then we are more upset than they are, that is a fact,' he said. 'Why? That is confidential. He is not as upset as we are about West Ham. In the end, we decided he was undervalued. We escalated the valuation to what we thought was realistic and West Ham did not want to roll with it.

'Kieron is back with us, a top player with a squad who are growing. Will it be difficult for Kieron? It's life, isn't it? He has got a contract. You sign it. The length of the contract means you are employed by an employer, somethin happens, it doesn't work, you come back and get on with it.

'If anything else happens in terms of West Ham increasing their offer, then great. If they don't, then clearly they don't value him as highly as we do.'

But Allardyce condemned the Newcastle supporters who vandalised Dyer's Tyneside home and attacked his car after last week's friendly with Juventus.

Harry Redknapp last night revealed an interest from Portsmouth but without a concrete offer for a player the Newcastle board now value at £8million, Dyer may have to start the season at St James' Park.

Come on Harry.  Pay the £8m :D

Bit more detail here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473380&in_page_id=1779

Allardyce blamed West Ham officials for the farce. 'If Curbs started it, then we are more upset than they are, that is a fact,' he said. 'Why? That is confidential. He is not as upset as we are about West Ham. In the end, we decided he was undervalued. We escalated the valuation to what we thought was realistic and West Ham did not want to roll with it.

'Kieron is back with us, a top player with a squad who are growing. Will it be difficult for Kieron? It's life, isn't it? He has got a contract. You sign it. The length of the contract means you are employed by an employer, somethin happens, it doesn't work, you come back and get on with it.

'If anything else happens in terms of West Ham increasing their offer, then great. If they don't, then clearly they don't value him as highly as we do.'

But Allardyce condemned the Newcastle supporters who vandalised Dyer's Tyneside home and attacked his car after last week's friendly with Juventus.

Harry Redknapp last night revealed an interest from Portsmouth but without a concrete offer for a player the Newcastle board now value at £8million, Dyer may have to start the season at St James' Park.

Come on Harry.  Pay the £8m :D

The plot thickens.

What could have happened so late in the day that we pulled the plug ?

I dont go along with the Dyer request for the bonus payment thing... surely that bridge would have been crossed before it got to medical stages.

I cant remember at what point Joey Barton asked for his from City - had he had his medical ?

The plot thickens.

What could have happened so late in the day that we pulled the plug ?

I dont go along with the Dyer request for the bonus payment thing... surely that bridge would have been crossed before it got to medical stages.

I cant remember at what point Joey Barton asked for his from City - had he had his medical ?

I can't remember at exactly what stage Barton asked for his bonus, it was late in the deal but could have been before the medical.

Sounds like West Ham have been doing some cheeky tapping up. There are so many clubs with dosh these days you can garuentee one of them will bid for him. If not, West Ham will up their bid on the last day of the season.

The situation changed when we signed smith because it means we now don't need a replacement. We are in the driving seat.