José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

WTF, do you write for the Sun?

" I didn't really know Keegan but he seemed like a nice man. The thing was that he didn't pick me either and I heard that he didn't want me at the club. That didn't come from him because he barely ever spoke to me. "

Are you quoting that in defense of Keegan :lol: ?

" I didn't really know Keegan but he seemed like a nice man. The thing was that he didn't pick me either and I heard that he didn't want me at the club. That didn't come from him because he barely ever spoke to me. "

Not twisting anything, just hand picked the juiciest bit. O0

As Kasper points out, hardly the most ringing endorsement of the bloke if he didn't speak to, want to play, keep a hold of one of our best players. Pretty suprised, as I would've assumed Keegan woud have liked Enrique as an attacking full back?

Jose is the only player in the nufc squad who I can say in every game I have no fear of him fucking up, I love this man to no end. He epitomises professional especially considering his age in a world of talentless money grabbers.

Hope he prolongs his stay for a good while because he literally is irreplaceable in our squad :)

Every time this thread gets bumped I panic that somebody is making a bid for him.

I don't think you have too much to worry about, we've only sold players recently who wanted to leave or weren't good enough.  Enrique is loving it here so I doubt that he'll be going anytime soon.

Every time this thread gets bumped I panic that somebody is making a bid for him.

I don't think you have too much to worry about, we've only sold players recently who wanted to leave or weren't good enough.  Enrique is loving it here so I doubt that he'll be going anytime soon.

Yeah, but we've had too much good news this week. I'm waiting for the sky to fall.

Yeah, but we've had too much good news this week. I'm waiting for the sky to fall.

I'd rather the sky did fall than for us to sell Enrique.

I wonder what the reaction on this forum will be if Mike sold off Enrique

He cant be too far off getting a call up to the national side - he is better than the current left backs in the squad

Unfortunately I dont agree, players like Arteta should have been picked as well when they were eligible for selection, Bosque dosent pick players outside of the Top 4 in England.

Not twisting anything, just hand picked the juiciest bit. O0

As Kasper points out, hardly the most ringing endorsement of the bloke if he didn't speak to, want to play, keep a hold of one of our best players. Pretty suprised, as I would've assumed Keegan woud have liked Enrique as an attacking full back?

Enrique's much better defending than going forward IMO. His crossing can be very inconsistent.

Only now - a week after Newcastle got their Premier League points tally up and running with a 6-0 thumping of Aston Villa - is life looking up.

Typical sensationalist media spin here.  Anyway:

All the coaches I've had here - with the exception of Chris this year - haven't really focused on tactics. In Spain you work on tactics all the time because that is what the football is about over there. Everything is a lot more orderly. In England it's all about being fast and physical. I've done very, very little on tactics in my time here.'

defies belief.

Only now - a week after Newcastle got their Premier League points tally up and running with a 6-0 thumping of Aston Villa - is life looking up.

All the coaches I've had here - with the exception of Chris this year - haven't really focused on tactics. In Spain you work on tactics all the time because that is what the football is about over there. Everything is a lot more orderly. In England it's all about being fast and physical. I've done very, very little on tactics in my time here.'

defies belief.

Add that to what Taylor said about Shearer being the only manager who had every given him any 1-to-1 training in 5 years and you begin to wonder just what some managers actually did in training.

You are right Dresden that it defies belief...........except for our club it really doesnt!

Not only us mind, Harry Redknapp said this week that he doesn't really believe in tactics.

I'd love to think of Hughton as a tactician, in a board room with monitors and a massive subbuteo table in the middle. Paul Barron controls the goalkeepers and Calderwood makes sure that the pitch is in tip-top shape with no creases.

defies belief.

Add that to what Taylor said about Shearer being the only manager who had every given him any 1-to-1 training in 5 years and you begin to wonder just what some managers actually did in training.

Believe nowt from Steven Taylor, man. He's licked everyone's arse from Souness to Shearer.

defies belief.

Believe nowt from Steven Taylor, man. He's licked everyone's arse from Souness to Shearer.

:thup:

Wanted to post that before, but didn't know how to put that in words.  :lol: