José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Fair to say if there's no development in the next week or two then we may as well give up? He's seeing the transfer policy for the close season coming about already. If he's still not going to commit soon then I can't see why he would tbh.

Pardew has stated that Enrique is holding out to see if a club that is going to be playing in the Champions League, next season, want to buy him.

It seems that Arsenal are quite interested in him at the moment.

Pardew has stated that Enrique is holding out to see if a club that is going to be playing in the Champions League, next season, want to buy him.

I don't really know how he'd be happy to continue if he really is holding out for a better club's offer.

Not that that's not what players will do but it all seems rather snide. Or would you accept him as part of your squad if he's still at Newcastle on September 1st, even after supposedly strongly wanting away?

I don't really know how he'd be happy to continue if he really is holding out for a better club's offer.

Not that that's not what players will do but it all seems rather snide. Or would you accept him as part of your squad if he's still at Newcastle on September 1st, even after supposedly strongly wanting away?

Depends if he signs a new contract. Without it he's just going to walk for free next summer.

I'm happy with the new signings and all but people saying Jose should be signing a new deal off the back of them are a bit mad tbh.

We've essentially spent nowt this summer so far.

I'm happy with the new signings and all but people saying Jose should be signing a new deal off the back of them are a bit mad tbh.

Why does it matter how much we spend? He wants the club to be fighting for Europe and CL in due time. All our 3 signings have been those that show we are heading in the right direction and there's nothing to say that we won't splash the money we have later on in the transfer window. If Jose wants to see our ambition, then the signing of Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux shows that in spades. If he is still not impressed, then he is either waiting for an impossible or have made up his mind on leaving.

Guest Mantis

It's a tough one, torn between still loving the guy, or getting annoyed at him seemingly taking the club for a ride.

Another key player supposedly taking the club for a ride. Amazing isn't it how the stars are stars until the club forces them out or can't match their potential but the players are all greedy and taking the piss. Jose like Fabregas wants to move on to the next level and compete for medals. What's wrong with that? 

It's the spiv who is taking the club for a cheap ride.

Anyone reckon we should try for Clichy as part of the deal if Arsenal do come in for him? He hasn't progressed as hoped but he's still good enough for us, and, more importantly, is French.

No. He's all pace and nothing else.

Guest neesy111

It's a tough one, torn between still loving the guy, or getting annoyed at him seemingly taking the club for a ride.

Another key player supposedly taking the club for a ride. Amazing isn't it how the stars are stars until the club forces them out or can't match their potential but the players are all greedy and taking the piss. Jose like Fabregas wants to move on to the next level and compete for medals. What's wrong with that? 

If he want's to leave then he should put a bloody transfer request in, unless he wants his 10% of the transfer deal.

Anyone reckon we should try for Clichy as part of the deal if Arsenal do come in for him? He hasn't progressed as hoped but he's still good enough for us, and, more importantly, is French.

No. He's all pace and nothing else.

That's not strictly true, is it dear?

Absolute liability.

Why does it matter how much we spend? He wants the club to be fighting for Europe and CL in due time. All our 3 signings have been those that show we are heading in the right direction and there's nothing to say that we won't splash the money we have later on in the transfer window. If Jose wants to see our ambition, then the signing of Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux shows that in spades. If he is still not impressed, then he is either waiting for an impossible or have made up his mind on leaving.

Did anyone really expect that we'd buy nobody this summer though? Some signings were a given, especially with the club selling Nolan and making it clear Barton wasn't really wanted anymore.

I'm hopeful the new players will do well, but the odds of any of them being top class difference makers that transform us into a Top 6 team are slim to be honest.

If it is a case that Jose is waiting to see our ambition then he's right to wait a while more IMO, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's already decided he's leaving.

Guest neesy111

Absolute liability.

Arsenal fans I know prefer Gibbs to Clichy now.

Another key player supposedly taking the club for a ride. Amazing isn't it how the stars are stars until the club forces them out or can't match their potential but the players are all greedy and taking the p*ss. Jose like Fabregas wants to move on to the next level and compete for medals. What's wrong with that? 

Every one would like to play at the highest level obviously but there is a way of going about it. Saying you will stay when we are safe, and then ambiguous claims of when we prove our ambition? He needs to show a bit more class and respect towards the fans and his employees, rather than not talking to us and simply waiting to see what's out there and if nothing he likes shows up grudgingly stay here. Like neesy said, put in a transfer request if you want to leave? This pissing about could, and probably will, prevent us getting in a decent replacement in time.

He is playing games, obviously waiting out to see who we bring in and who is interested in him. If he wasn't entertaining the thought of staying he would have made his intentions clear.

If he goes anywhere in england I don't mind seeing him at arsenal, certainly better than the other scouse mackems.

Another key player supposedly taking the club for a ride. Amazing isn't it how the stars are stars until the club forces them out or can't match their potential but the players are all greedy and taking the p*ss. Jose like Fabregas wants to move on to the next level and compete for medals. What's wrong with that? 

Every one would like to play at the highest level obviously but there is a way of going about it. Saying you will stay when we are safe, and then ambiguous claims of when we prove our ambition? He needs to show a bit more class and respect towards the fans and his employees, rather than not talking to us and simply waiting to see what's out there and if nothing he likes shows up grudgingly stay here. Like neesy said, put in a transfer request if you want to leave? This pissing about could, and probably will, prevent us getting in a decent replacement in time.

:thup: All I'm thinking about right now. I'm resigned to losing him. Fair play wanting to better yourself etc, but he's taken the piss out of us a bit with it.