José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I really don't see how so many positive transfer moves have led to so much extra pessimism. If we hadn't signed anyone yet people might be worrying less, it's bizarre.

We're British; we love to moan.

I don't think there's that much extra tbh. Maybe some people, but to me most who were unsure if we'd spend much money are still unsure. Because we effectively haven't spent any.

Things will surely start happening in earnest with players still under contract from next week when they start returning for pre-season and finding out their manager's/club's plans.

Window doesn`t officially open until the 1st July. All footballers contracts run to 30th June. Maybe this has something to do with the sudden slow down ?

Things will surely start happening in earnest with players still under contract from next week when they start returning for pre-season and finding out their manager's/club's plans.

Window doesn`t officially open until the 1st July. All footballers contracts run to 30th June. Maybe this has something to do with the sudden slow down ?

And bonuses paid after 1st July....so i think its a mix of all 3.

I really don't see how so many positive transfer moves have led to so much extra pessimism. If we hadn't signed anyone yet people might be worrying less, it's bizarre.

Mentally scared from the years of poor decisions and the same boardroom schmucks still making decisions?

The Chronicle understands that United will pull out all the stops to hold on to Enrique and can confirm that the ex-La Liga star – nicknamed The Bull – will be back on Tyneside this weekend ahead of Monday’s first day of pre-season training at the club’s Benton base.

Thanks for that. :laugh:

The Chronicle understands that United will pull out all the stops to hold on to Enrique and can confirm that the ex-La Liga star nicknamed The Bull will be back on Tyneside this weekend ahead of Mondays first day of pre-season training at the clubs Benton base.

:lol: He's like that guy in the pub who knows all his stats but is a bit weird.

I don't think there's that much extra tbh. Maybe some people, but to me most who were unsure if we'd spend much money are still unsure. Because we effectively haven't spent any.

It's very similar to when Ashley first arrived, actually. We brought in quite a few players in the first window under Allardyce but in reality all he was doing was recycling the Parker, Dyer and Solano fees. We only spent net like £30,000 or something. :lol:

Mentally scared from the years of poor decisions and the same boardroom schmucks still making decisions?

Fair enough, but the bad decisions count against the schmucks but the good ones never go in their favour. I always worry about another potential fuck-up around the corner, but every day-to-day decision hasn't been wrong.

It's very similar to when Ashley first arrived, actually. We brought in quite a few players in the first window under Allardyce but in reality all he was doing was recycling the Parker, Dyer and Solano fees. We only spent net like £30,000 or something. :lol:

I don't think that's true. Barton, Smith, and Enrique alone cost a total of something like 20m if I'm recalling correctly.

The Chronicle understands that United will pull out all the stops to hold on to Enrique and can confirm that the ex-La Liga star – nicknamed The Bull – will be back on Tyneside this weekend ahead of Monday’s first day of pre-season training at the club’s Benton base.

Didn't we establish 2 years ago that he was nicknamed The Buffalo, not Bull?

Guest magpie99

I don't think that's true. Barton, Smith, and Enrique alone cost a total of something like 20m if I'm recalling correctly.

Dyer and Parker alone cost 7m each whilst the three named above were 18 million in total. Cannot remember who else left but I know Faye, Beye, Viduka, Geremi only cost about 3 million between them.

Guest magpie99

Dyer and Parker alone cost 7m each whilst the three named above were 18 million in total. Cannot remember who else left but I know Faye, Beye, Viduka, Geremi only cost about 3 million between them.

Just checked again, Under Allardye, We spent 18.9K but we got 18.2K back in. Net deficit of700K

Just checked again, Under Allardye, We spent 18.9K but we got 18.2K back in. Net deficit of700K

Checked where? Not that it matters but rough guestimate is he spent around the £25m mark.

Barton £5.8m, Rozehnal £3.1m, Smith £6m, Jose Enrique £6m, Faye £2m, Beye £2m.

Viduka, Geremi, Cacapa were frees, but were far from on a pitence either.

Just going off NUFC.com stats, Barton and Enrique were 6m each, Smith was undisclosed but we all knew he cost 6m, Rozhenal was 3m, Faye 2m. That's 23m, not counting whatever we spent on the bunch of youth failures we signed and the fat signing bonuses we no doubt handed out to Viduka and Geremi.

Outgoings was 7m each for Parker and Dyer, some undisclosed fee that was most likely below 5m combined for Solano and Luque, and 500k for Huntington.

I have no idea where you got your numbers.

why do some people only think about profit and loss as viewed by transfer fees ? if the club made a 1mill profit on transfers, it's a bit pointless if the club lost 25mill overall.

Also I don't quite get the digs at the policy of buying players with resale value. If their value goes up it means we've bought a good player. Does anyone have regrets that we only paid £3.5million for Tiote?