José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't understand how that's the "modern" footballer. Transfers aren't a new thing.

They are not but the modern footballer and indeed the moden game seems unable to conduct a transfer in the right manner these days. Everything is a saga, about politics and often drawn out. No-one comes out of a transfer looking good these days and to be frank I'm just sick of it. You get the "I love the club and want to stay here... but" and you get the same from the club "we love the player and we want to keep him here... but"... just fucking do the business and say no more, club and player.

Guest Howaythetoon

What do you still enjoy about football HTT? I'm sure I remember you writing that you were falling out of love with it a while back. What keeps you there, habit, tradition? Or just the love of the actual game

I dunno really to be honest. If this were a relationship, i.e. me and NUFC, I'm sticking in there for the sake of the kids at the moment.

Guest Heneage

If they had any sense they would have offered him a say, £70k a week deal in October/November last year.

Why? He was never going to sign it...

• 4 weeks later...
"The return match against City won't be easy, even though we have a one-goal advantage. We will have to prepare mentally as if we hadn't won the first leg and look for the victory."

"If we play in a conservative manner, City's attacking power could see us defeated. The match is very important for the club and for me."

"The club hasn't played in a final for some time (since 2006) and now we are 90 minutes away from a date at Wembley. We can't lose this opportunity we have been given."

"I left Newcastle in the summer in order to experience these sensations - to be in finals and fight for titles. That's why I am satisfied, up until now, with the step I took."

Cardiff City are in the cup final too, maybe you should have gone there.

"The return match against City won't be easy, even though we have a one-goal advantage. We will have to prepare mentally as if we hadn't won the first leg and look for the victory."

"If we play in a conservative manner, City's attacking power could see us defeated. The match is very important for the club and for me."

"The club hasn't played in a final for some time (since 2006) and now we are 90 minutes away from a date at Wembley. We can't lose this opportunity we have been given."

"I left Newcastle in the summer in order to experience these sensations - to be in finals and fight for titles. That's why I am satisfied, up until now, with the step I took."

Cardiff City are in the cup final too, maybe you should have gone there.

Needs to feel the sensation of someones foot up his arse. Praying they get whooped tonight.

No hard feelings towards Jose really. At the time we weren't good enough for him and all signs indicated Liverpool would be good. Who was to know he was joining them at the worst possible time? That's just a nice bonus for Newcastle fans.

Many on here and elsewhere in the football world predicted Liverpool under Dogleash was one big false dawn, especially after the ludicrous signings they made over the summer. José is just a bit thick so bought it completely. He's blown his one big move of his career, as far as del Bosque is concerned he doesn't even exist.

Behaved like a complete twat during the last months of his time here, whatever was going on, but gave us a few "love the fans" type platitudes.

Miss his marauding wing play and strength, don't miss his misplaced passes to opposition players around our penalty area.

Behaved like a complete t*** during the last months of his time here, whatever was going on, but gave us a few "love the fans" type platitudes.

Miss his marauding wing play and strength, don't miss his misplaced passes to opposition players around our penalty area.

Really? Any incidents to back this up?

Behaved like a complete t*** during the last months of his time here, whatever was going on, but gave us a few "love the fans" type platitudes.

Really? Any incidents to back this up?

Just look at his body language in some of those games, man. Made a mockery of this fine institution with some of those facial expressions.

No hard feelings towards Jose really. At the time we weren't good enough for him and all signs indicated Liverpool would be good. Who was to know he was joining them at the worst possible time? That's just a nice bonus for Newcastle fans.

Many on here and elsewhere in the football world predicted Liverpool under Dogleash was one big false dawn, especially after the ludicrous signings they made over the summer. José is just a bit thick so bought it completely. He's blown his one big move of his career, as far as del Bosque is concerned he doesn't even exist.

I did have doubts over some of their signings, but I thought they would probably overachieve anyway. Probably just pessimism about all our rivals being good!