José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

People want there to be something to whinge about, and are looking into things a little too much, imo.

Nobody is whinging about it, it's just an observation. As I said, his performances haven't changed.

Too much smoke for there not to be fire. I've pretty much accepted that he'll be sold in the summer. He's given us 4 years of mostly quality service, so I hold no grudges.

Pretty much my view. His performance on Saturday underlined what a fantastic player we will be losing - Leighton Baines can kiss my arse. But if the likes of Barcelona and Madrid are hovering there's not really much we can do except get the best price possible and try and get a quality replacement.

4 years of quality service? I think he had some weaknesses  the two first seasons. This is his 4th year, and it's first now he's playing well in PL.

He's a good player, defensively in particular,  but he will not be as  hard replacing him compared to Colo, Tiote or Barton.  Both Colo and Tiote are very skilled with the ball, which is unique when considering the position they play. Replacing his offensive play will not represent a challenge imo. He's too ineffective in good positions, compared to eg. Baines. The challenge is to bring in a player that's is as good in defense. Although, we got to remember that he got one of the best defensive supports in PL through Jonas. I remember that Enrique had a couple of weak matches in the Championship when Jonas was injured..

He's been excellently defensively for all his time here. You could see from his first few matches that he took his time to settle in offensively, but he was always a beast in defence. It took him maybe the first season to sort out his shit passing and there are still stray passes every now and then, but there wasn't a winger who got the better of him in my memory.

4 years of quality service? I think he had some weaknesses  the two first seasons. This is his 4th year, and it's first now he's playing well in PL.

He's a good player, defensively in particular,  but he will not be as  hard replacing him compared to Colo, Tiote or Barton.  Both Colo and Tiote are very skilled with the ball, which is unique when considering the position they play. Replacing his offensive play will not represent a challenge imo. He's too ineffective in good positions, compared to eg. Baines. The challenge is to bring in a player that's is as good in defense. Although, we got to remember that he got one of the best defensive supports in PL through Jonas. I remember that Enrique had a couple of weak matches in the Championship when Jonas was injured..

A great player and very likeable lad certainly, but you make a valid point in that LB is not a key position and finding a replacement is normally easier that a top CB or playmaker.

I'm not certain he will go, he may do, but I'm not sure he'd walk into any team in Europe as some seem to think.

Marauding forward and in defensive situations where pace and power is required to retrieve or shield the ball he ticks the boxes, however defensively in possession he's prone to lapses and often gets caught out.

I really hope he stays, but if he does go I 'll understand. Often players need a new challenge to freshen them up and after 4 years at one club he may feel a change is needed to improve.

If he does go he may in time regret it and wish he'd stayed at Newcastle with a team and fans who adore him.

I agree that it is pretty much nailed on that he will be leaving in the summer, especially if Real or Barca come knocking, plus that would lead to the lad getting into the Spanish national set up as well.....  You can't blame him!

Think he should sign a new contract anyway though - just to make sure we get a decent fee when he does go.  Not too much to ask.

:facepalm: are we going to get this level of self-important drivel for every player and every discussion? I'm all for being confident in your opinions but this is becoming unreadable much like my posts

4 years of quality service? I think he had some weaknesses  the two first seasons. This is his 4th year, and it's first now he's playing well in PL.

He's a good player, defensively in particular,  but he will not be as  hard replacing him compared to Colo, Tiote or Barton.  Both Colo and Tiote are very skilled with the ball, which is unique when considering the position they play. Replacing his offensive play will not represent a challenge imo. He's too ineffective in good positions, compared to eg. Baines. The challenge is to bring in a player that's is as good in defense. Although, we got to remember that he got one of the best defensive supports in PL through Jonas. I remember that Enrique had a couple of weak matches in the Championship when Jonas was injured..

A great player and very likeable lad certainly, but you make a valid point in that LB is not a key position and finding a replacement is normally easier that a top CB or playmaker.

I'm not certain he will go, he may do, but I'm not sure he'd walk into any team in Europe as some seem to think.

Marauding forward and in defensive situations where pace and power is required to retrieve or shield the ball he ticks the boxes, however defensively in possession he's prone to lapses and often gets caught out.

I really hope he stays, but if he does go I 'll understand. Often players need a new challenge to freshen them up and after 4 years at one club he may feel a change is needed to improve.

If he does go he may in time regret it and wish he'd stayed at Newcastle with a team and fans who adore him.

Exactly. Being caught out of position is his biggest weakness defensively imo. Goal against Fham a very good example of this.  We should get some decent money for him, and he's on solid wages too. If Enrique's sale could eg. finance buying Hangeland and Van Aanholt, I would have sold him in an instant. Hangeland was class against City yesterday. He wins everything in the air, and also has good passing abilities, eg. he set up the goal with a nice longitudinal pass. He would complement Colo perfectly, handling the air duels, whilst Colo handles the balls that drops behind the defense. Hangeland and Colo together would tighten up the defense in a greater degree than the loss of Enrique's abilities man against man i would believe.

4 years of quality service? I think he had some weaknesses  the two first seasons. This is his 4th year, and it's first now he's playing well in PL.

He's a good player, defensively in particular,  but he will not be as  hard replacing him compared to Colo, Tiote or Barton.  Both Colo and Tiote are very skilled with the ball, which is unique when considering the position they play. Replacing his offensive play will not represent a challenge imo. He's too ineffective in good positions, compared to eg. Baines. The challenge is to bring in a player that's is as good in defense. Although, we got to remember that he got one of the best defensive supports in PL through Jonas. I remember that Enrique had a couple of weak matches in the Championship when Jonas was injured..

Can you read?

I basically just want us to keep Enrique, he's an amazing player and is getting better all the time.

If we do sell him for big money, then getting in good replacements will obviously soften the blow. But I would much rather keep him.

Spot on.. my only worry is that he won't sign a new deal, forcing us to sell.. or we offer him a shit deal, make it look like he wanted to go so they can sell blame him for being sold.

I basically just want us to keep Enrique, he's an amazing player and is getting better all the time.

If we do sell him for big money, then getting in good replacements will obviously soften the blow. But I would much rather keep him.

Spot on.. my only worry is that he won't sign a new deal, forcing us to sell.. or we offer him a s*** deal, make it look like he wanted to go so they can sell blame him for being sold.

judging by whats been said in the press he seems ok with the financial aspects of the deal and is more concerned with the playing side.

If he goes to Liverpool or Spurs i will go mad.

If he ends up at a great team like Barca, Man Utd or Real then he has my blessing and i just hope we get a good wedge and replace him.

In fact, if he wants to play for Barcelona i don't mind what sort of money we get. Anyone would want to play for Barca.

Wouldn't begrudge him a move to a massive club in the slightest. It should be his prerogative to play for only the best clubs and I would be worried if he didn't have that sort of ambition.

However, will be raging if he moves somewhere shit like Liverpool or even Chelsea.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/02/boss-happy-with-shane-ferguson-progress-72703-28262591/?

Pardew told the Chronicle: "We kept Ferguson here rather then send him to Italy because he is close to the first-team squad now.

I see him ultimately as a full-back, but he needs to get stronger."

Potential replacement?

Useful backup?