José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Whats the point for him to hold talks if he's just going to say no?

Surely he would be dicking us around by holding talks and giving us false hope?

If he wasn't dicking us around he'd just say point blank "I'm leaving".  Staying quiet and refusing to discuss anything is dicking us around.

enrique is a right fucking twat.

What for? Wanting to go to a more ambitious club? Play for his country?

Not deciding or giving an indication of what he bloody wants, leaving the club hamstrung by his silence?

At the moment, the way it stands, he'd be leaving in a similliar manner as Michael Owen did. Tell the fans you will consider signing new contract at the end of the season but, in truth, even a blind man could see that the intention is to leave all along. And departure is compounded by saying fuck all at the end.

Nice.

He's been making his intention as clear as if he'd handed in a transfer request, but he's hoping to hang on to his loyalty bonus.

Guest hobshobs

enrique is a right f***ing t***.

Not deciding or giving an indication of what he bloody wants, leaving the club hamstrung by his silence?

At the moment, the way it stands, he'd be leaving in a similliar manner as Michael Owen did. Tell the fans you will consider signing new contract at the end of the season but, in truth, even a blind man could see that the intention is to leave all along. And departure is compounded by saying f*** all at the end.

Nice.

He's been making his intention as clear as if he'd handed in a transfer request, but he's hoping to hang on to his loyalty bonus.

Best comment I've seen here for a while. Absolutely spot on. This tosser has been mucking us around all summer. Yet still some want him to stay. I'm at the stage with NUFC where I'd be far happier watching lesser players give 100% than half the bullshitters we've got. Nolan (I love this club) pissed off as soon as he realised that he was going to have to perform on the pitch as well as managing to say all the right things off it. Now our left back is effectively taking the piss also. Please go and take Ameobi and Lovenkrands with you. End off rant.

This, Jose just needs to come clean and get his move.

enrique is a right f***ing t***.

At the moment, the way it stands, he'd be leaving in a similliar manner as Michael Owen did. Tell the fans you will consider signing new contract at the end of the season but, in truth, even a blind man could see that the intention is to leave all along. And departure is compounded by saying f*** all at the end.

Nice.

Best comment I've seen here for a while. Absolutely spot on. This tosser has been mucking us around all summer. Yet still some want him to stay. I'm at the stage with NUFC where I'd be far happier watching lesser players give 100% than half the bullshitters we've got. Nolan (I love this club) p*ssed off as soon as he realised that he was going to have to perform on the pitch as well as managing to say all the right things off it. Now our left back is effectively taking the p*ss also. Please go and take Ameobi and Lovenkrands with you. End off rant.

Surely everyone knows there's no loyalty in football nowadays. Just because we love our club doesn't mean that players obliged to feel the same. Every one of those fuckers are out for themselves, even if they do keep us placated by meaningless soundbites professing some degree of deep love and affection for club/fans/city, etc.

It's all bullshit.

Surely everyone knows there's no loyalty in football nowadays. Just because we love our club doesn't mean that players obliged to feel the same. Every one of those fuckers are out for themselves, even if they do keep us placated by meaningless soundbites professing some degree of deep love and affection for club/fans/city, etc.

It's all bullshit.

I don't believe it's as simple as that.

I do believe some players have genuine affection for their club and try their hardest for it, it's just that their careers are short and when they get a chance to make some easy money and get a payrise they're obviously likely to take it.

I think it's more complicated than saying "all footballers are just out for themselves". A player can have affection for a club/city/fanbase and still leave it for career/financial reasons. Everyone does that in their career.

It's all bullshit.

I don't believe it's as simple as that.

I do believe some players have genuine affection for their club and try their hardest for it, it's just that their careers are short and when they get a chance to make some easy money and get a payrise they're obviously likely to take it.

I think it's more complicated than saying "all footballers are just out for themselves". A player can have affection for a club/city/fanbase and still leave it for career/financial reasons. Everyone does that in their career.

Perhaps you're right. Perhaps it's just the bias of the modern football supporter, i.e. he doesn't play for my team = he's a mercenary cunt. I know I'm certainly like that - see Carroll.

enrique is a right fucking twat.

At the moment, the way it stands, he'd be leaving in a similliar manner as Michael Owen did. Tell the fans you will consider signing new contract at the end of the season but, in truth, even a blind man could see that the intention is to leave all along. And departure is compounded by saying fuck all at the end.

Nice.

If he really wants his loyalty bonus that bad he can always turn down Arsenal or Liverpool and stay here for the final year like Joey.

Enrique agent Salvador Sanchez: "He is back at Newcastle now, and he is going to start pre-season with them." #nufc

Sanchez also said: "We just have to wait and see what happens. Our policy is not to make any comments about the situation though."

No, really?

If he stays until our first game I will p*ss in a thimble and drink it. Not confident enough to do a pint, but I'm 87% sure he will go.

Here's another one Neil!

Guest BooBoo

If he's away, and it all points to that he will be, I just want him gone ASAP. No point taking him to America if he's not planning on starting next season for us.

Enrique is just waiting to see if he gets an offer from a bigger / CL club. If he does, he'll go, if he doesn't, he'll stay.

Even staying isn't a worthwhile solution without the main issue getting sorted.

If he doesn't sign a new contract I'd prefer he went, wherever his destination.

The desire for Champions League indicates it won't be Liverpool, thankfully. I fear the Clichy transfer was the flicking of the first domino and it won't be long until Jose leaves. It's gonna hurt but at least we've had plenty of warning.

The desire for Champions League indicates it won't be Liverpool, thankfully. I fear the Clichy transfer was the flicking of the first domino and it won't be long until Jose leaves. It's gonna hurt but at least we've had plenty of warning.

Not too sure. He's dicked us around long enough already, and footballers aren't known for being a bastion of truth. Still wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ended up with the bindippers.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think arsenal will pay what we want

I reckon 10 million is the asking price