José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Think he burnt too many bridges with his attitude before he left.

I don't agree with this.

Granted, he said some things that didn't reflect well on the club or the board but this was during a time we had consolidated well during our first season back in the top flight and some big personalities left. How on earth could he have seen where the club was heading at that point?

Nobody could ever have imagined the season we had last year. Nobody.

I'd take Enrique back in a second.

Rodgers sounds like a fucking idiot like, not from pards school of man management, reckon he has just jumped on Martinez / sousas methods at Swansea and now thinks he knows everything about possession football.  I will give him until Christmas. The teams near the top all realise it takes a balance off attack v defence and shape like man city / man utd. He is talking about bringing attackers through n playing them in defence as they can always move back, alot of attacking players can't tackle or track for shit.

Rogers might have inherited a footballing philosophy but to have maintained it with the way Swansea played last year still takes some management skill. I agree with Lenny, I think he's got a chance with Liverpool as he plays the game the right way. Everything will hinge on the quality of his signings at the end of the day.

I don't agree with this.

Granted, he said some things that didn't reflect well on the club or the board but this was during a time we had consolidated well during our first season back in the top flight and some big personalities left. How on earth could he have seen where the club was heading at that point?

That's the whole point. You can slag Jose Enrique for what he said on Twitter (he is thick, mind) but I'm sure the rest of us were thinking the same thing - i.e. lack of ambition and the like with our sales during that window.

Guest neesy111

I don't agree with this.

That's the whole point. You can slag Jose Enrique for what he said on Twitter (he is thick, mind) but I'm sure the rest of us were thinking the same thing - i.e. lack of ambition and the like with our sales during that window.

There was much more though, the club wasn't happy with him on a number of fronts.

If Jose was to leave Liverpool, and i don't think he will, he'd view a return to us as a stepping stone to something bigger.

As i'm at work i can't post my exact views on that scenario, but you can guess what they are.

Never. Go. Back.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/12/22/1261489760881/Nolberto-Solano-001.jpg

There's a difference between a legend and a c***.

I'd have him back on the grounds of ability though.

Id had have him back. Footballing ability wise he'd fit right in.

To be fair to him, he left for footballing reasons and footballing reasons alone. He felt that the club lacked ambition and had clearly got frustrated at the lack of investment by the board and didn't feel the club were doing enough to move in the right direction. His thoughts at the time we're shared by a number of our fans and at the end of the day he's a professional footballer who wants to play at the highest level, a level he couldn't see himself achieving here and for that reason I can empathize with his decision to move. Although his comments were a tad disrespectful and did make him look like a massive tit last season, I think he was more trying to justify his reasoning behind wanting a move rather than just 'slagging off the club'.

I dont think he'll ever come back though, for starters I dont think he'd want to, he left to move onto better things and potentially achieve more, I dont think he'd want to take a step back. I cant imagine Alan Pardew and him being on the greatest terms and I certainly cant see the board sanctioning a move for a player thats came out and had a pop at them.

I still don't like the idea of him leaving in the manner that he did then wanting to come back just because we're doing better than Liverpool these days. He took the gamble and so far it hasn't paid off, he shouldn't be rewarded with another chance here. I know he is a good player but we still got better when he left and still did miles better than his new club last season, so it's no odds to us really. I'd rather we looked else ware for new talent.

I still don't like the idea of him leaving in the manner that he did then wanting to come back just because we're doing better than Liverpool these days. He took the gamble and so far it hasn't paid off, he shouldn't be rewarded with another chance here. I know he is a good player but we still got better when he left and still did miles better than his new club last season, so it's no odds to us really. I'd rather we looked else ware for new talent.

Does he want to come back? I assumed this was just us talking shit.

If we can get someone that's scout approved in, then yeah, the hell with it. But he'd improve our team immediately, and there's no real surprises in his game for us.

Dont think he has performed as well  as he did there compared when with us. So theres no point in getting a LB that hasnt been as good as he was before

Could apply that to the Carroll situation too, mind i don't want him back either.