José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Watching this dweeb walk towards the Leazes in a keeper shirt was one of the defining moments in my life. Such joy.

Aye, it was good laugh. Does anyone know if he's looked after himself?

Almost as well as Bernard did before his triumphant second stint.

Unfair to call him a cunt in hindsight. Apart from the top 6 thing (which was a complete fluke) he was right and had the bollocks to speak up about it.

"The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], nobby [Kevin Nolan] etc etc. This club will never again fight to be among the top six again with this policy."

Paying tribute to the club's fans, he said: "I think you fans are the best and you deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club. Thanks to everyone for supporting me."

Switching to English in response to a post, he then wrote:

"The [sic] give the money I have already. They lie all the time. But is no for money is because they don't want spend in the club and bring quality players that's why everybody go [sic]."

Unfair to call him a cunt in hindsight. Apart from the top 6 thing (which was a complete fluke) he was right and had the bollocks to speak up about it.

"The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], nobby [Kevin Nolan] etc etc. This club will never again fight to be among the top six again with this policy."

Paying tribute to the club's fans, he said: "I think you fans are the best and you deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club. Thanks to everyone for supporting me."

Switching to English in response to a post, he then wrote:

"The [sic] give the money I have already. They lie all the time. But is no for money is because they don't want spend in the club and bring quality players that's why everybody go [sic]."

:thup:

He was right, but I still think he just left because Liverpool were better and made him a good offer. And his contract was coming to an end.

Isn't the first 2 the same for any footballer?

Yeah sure, just thought it was worth mentioning. He was sounding like some sort of moral crusader.

He was right, but I still think he just left because Liverpool were better and made him a good offer. And his contract was coming to an end.

Isn't the first 2 the same for any footballer?

Yeah sure, just thought it was worth mentioning. He was sounding like some sort of moral crusader.

If you were at a company you had good ties with - they had a policy which would restrict their growth. You would be forced to join a better company, said company would probably offer you a better deal. Doesn't take away that you left largely down to your previous employers lack of ambition.

I've never understood why players shouldn't want to progress their careers. It's a fucking marvel that Shearer stayed with us as long as he did, like.

Of course they should, and it's no surprise Enrique did. He was too good for us and his contract was ending.

The Spaniard also accused his employers of a lack of ambition and claimed he had been offered no improvement on his salary, despite the fact that the Newcastle manager, Alan Pardew, said in May that the club would make Enrique a "fantastic" offer.

'If they are going to fire someone as good as Chris, they have to then bring in a big name, someone who has won trophies. And that doesn't even mean he will necessarily be better. If they just bring in someone similar, it's a joke.'

Hughton called some of his former squad last night to say goodbye and Enrique admitted the players are struggling to get their heads round the reasons for his departure.

He said: 'We don't have a team that belongs in the top six. It's not like we're low down in the table. Things are like this at this club. Strange things happen.'

It's a fair point that we lack ambition, clearly. I just think if Liverpool come knocking with a big contract you are going there no matter what.

To José Enrique's favor, I can say that he had been moaning about the club's board in the Spanish press for quite before his transfer to Liverpool.

There was also the Spain situation. With Capdevila retiring the LB slot was up for grabs and Liverpool are a far better shopping window for that. Of course things didn't work out for him there.

3 million, 2 year deal, would have him back and start him every single game.

Until about two games in when you realise he's crap now.

Is he though? We all know his faults but unless he's let himself go (is there actual proof of that) he's surely better than what we've got and Lpool clearly want rid.

Career wise he was completely right to leave us.

3 million, 2 year deal, would have him back and start him every single game.

Until about two games in when you realise he's crap now.

Haidara hasn't convinced me of anything and Dummett is a better centreback than left back. If a loan was available, it would be a good deal, imo. No one is expecting him to recapture the 2009-2011 form, but I don't think he is just finished as a player.

I've always supported players being ambitious about their careers and Jose is no different. What would he have gained by staying here? He has increased his pay and one exactly one more trophy (even starting in the final) than the zero he would at this club.