José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

3 million, 2 year deal, would have him back and start him every single game.

Until about two games in when you realise he's crap now.

Haidara hasn't convinced me of anything and Dummett is a better centreback than left back. If a loan was available, it would be a good deal, imo. No one is expecting him to recapture the 2009-2011 form, but I don't think he is just finished as a player.

Enrique is worse nowadays, believe me he's awful there's a reason he's not even 2nd choice now :lol:

Ruined by injuries wasn't he?  I'm sure early on with us he had a lot of hamstring and leg injuries.  Then he has spent a long time being injured at Liverpool.  Must have absolutely killed his pace.  Plus he gives the ball away a lot in stupid areas, which he has always done.  Probably doesn't fit in with Brentdan's 'philosophy'

Most the Liverpool fans I know.  Said he was class.  Then became a perma-crock and has never managed to get a proper run in the side since.

Liverpool Echo reckons he isn't injured and has been told he has no future at the club. I can't imagine he'd cost more than a million.

Aye and there's a reason why :lol:

Is this guesswork or have you somehow seen him play a lot recently?

Not for the first time, jumping ship for bigger and better things has ended in total tears. People suggesting bringing him back obviously have no idea how much of a downward spiral he went on after joining Liverpool.

Plenty of better options if we want a LB that will perform.

Not for the first time, jumping ship for bigger and better things has ended in total tears. People suggesting bringing him back obviously have no idea how much of a downward spiral he went on after joining Liverpool.

Plenty of better options if we want a LB that will perform.

Agreed. The last 5 or so games I watched him play for Liverpool, he was absolutely terrible. Looked unfit almost, touch was heavy, seldom bombed forward and was all over the place defensively and positionally. I'd rather he stayed well away.

Was convinced he was the third-best LB in the Prem behind Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra when he was here.

Wonder when somebody's going to notice that when you buy a big-money player from Newcastle, they usually end up being damaged goods. Wouldn't be surprised if the club had some info on his medical condition and that's why they lowballed him in new contract talks.

Article about how he's been frozen out here - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/12/jose-enrique-liverpool-alienated-balotelli-borini

Most telling part of the article his quote at the end:

“Liverpool are a match for Manchester United. I had a very good option to return to Spain, but [it] is complicated because the economy is very different from what exists here. The only teams that can deal with what is paid in England are Real Madrid and Barcelona, so I would love to stay here until my legs stop me.”

Basically "I'm getting paid loads and will only continue to play for teams who pay me loads".

Best left back we've had in my lifetime. Wouldn't want him back.

Same here but only because I think he must have gone downhill. I'd have the old Enrique ahead of our current left backs any day of the week.

Have to give it to him.

Completely ostracized from the squad and the manager clearly hates him, but he's still swimming with dolphins and uploads ridiculous instagrams and snapchats. Upbeat dude !

I fondly remember his tweets in broken English while he was at NUFC. Incredibly loveable dude.

Guest firetotheworks

It was absolutely hilarious when Ben Arfa had him all over and then when he had to go in goal after everything he'd said, but he was absolutely right about the club and that finish was a total fluke. Mint player as well, easily the best left back I've seen play for us and that includes Beresford, Pearce, Bernard etc. He was nigh on impassable in 1 on 1 situations against most players except oddly Sturridge when he was at Bolton. Love his recover pace and link up with Colo and Jonas as well. He was sloppy in possession at times and his positioning was sometimes a bit naive when the oppossition were breaking, but his strengths far outweighed his weaknesses. Class player, absolutely loved him.