José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest James Godden

The best thing to come out of Sam Allardyce's reign at NUFC....

Aye, the one thing we must thank him for. Then again, he basically gave up on him the stupid c***.

Calm down lads, Bi Sam also gave us the legend of Alan Smith

J

Mental to think he was deemed one of the biggest flop signings.

Norman Hubbard, a history

Norman Hubbard May 12, 2008 "Top 10 worst buys"

7. Jose Enrique (Newcastle, £6 million)

It takes years to establish a good reputation, and a matter of months to destroy it. Sam Allardyce arrived at Newcastle renowned for his ability to sniff out a bargain and lauded for his knowledge of the European market. He departed with buys like Jose Enrique having given him a name for wasting money. For £6 million, a left-back would be expected to be amongst the best in the league; the clumsy, slow and often omitted Enrique certainly wasn't that, with midfielder Charles N'Zogbia often preferred to play out of position. It is no surprise that a left-back figures prominently on Kevin Keegan's summer wish-list.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=534468&cc=5901

Norman Hubbard May 6, 2009 "Toon in need of a major clearout"

Yet Newcastle have repeatedly ignored the signs. Sir Bobby Robson, briefed by Jose Mourinho, warned United that Geremi had the legs of a 40-year-old. They gave him a three-year contract. Unless Sam Allardyce repeats the errors of his time on Tyneside and takes his more misguided buys, including Smith, Geremi and Jose Enrique, to Blackburn, Newcastle are likely to be lumbered with most of them

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=643852&cc=5901

Norman Hubbard April 1, 2010 "Magpies soaring back to the big time"

Steve Harper's long wait for first-team football has been rewarded with a series of clean sheets; defenders who, in the Premier League, became objects of scorn have attracted admiration at a lower level. Fabricio Coloccini and Jose Enrique have both enjoyed excellent campaigns.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=764177&cc=5901

When it gets to the point of Jose's contract renewal,  I just hope he doesn't expect to be one of the clubs top earners.  Don't want to see this lad leave.

why not? He is one of the best players for the club...he should not ask for more than the ceiling, but he definitely should be amongst the club top earners. Age/youth is irrelevant

WTF, do you write for the Sun?

" I didn't really know Keegan but he seemed like a nice man. The thing was that he didn't pick me either and I heard that he didn't want me at the club. That didn't come from him because he barely ever spoke to me. "

WTF, do you write for the Sun?

" I didn't really know Keegan but he seemed like a nice man. The thing was that he didn't pick me either and I heard that he didn't want me at the club. That didn't come from him because he barely ever spoke to me. "

:thup: