Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

Guest Phil K

The whole thing just shows that we are talking about boys in men's bodies here. Playground stuff!

Absolutely.

So why the hell is it in a court of law ?

Guest neesy111

danroan: Defence suggesting it's realistic & feasible that Terry may have mistaken "Bridge" for "black", explaining discrepancy in accounts

:lol:

While most of the John Terry/Anton Ferdinand court case has been the most unedifying thing of the summer thus far, there was a gem to be found in the form of a misunderstanding when John Terry was in the witness stand yesterday.

Apparently, the judge didn’t hear clearly what John Terry said in reference to being sent off four times in his career so said ‘Can you say, please, four times?’ to which England’s Brave Lion responded with:

‘Please, please, please, please.’

Cue raucous laughter around the courtroom while the big defender just looked around confused.

(thanks to the Evening Standard for the heads up)

http://www.thefootballramble.com/latest/entry/please-please-please-please-let-me-get-what-i-want

Guest Stephen927

QC tday asked John Terry how many times he'd been sent off. "Can you say, please? Four times?" JT answered: "Please, please, please, please"

:lol: Childish, yet funny.

Not quite sure where we're at with this.  What's his defence in relation to the apparent video evidence?  Wasn't it originally that he'd called him a 'blind cunt'?  Is it now that he was saying "Black cunt? I never called you a black cunt." or something?

Not quite sure where we're at with this.  What's his defence in relation to the apparent video evidence?  Wasn't it originally that he'd called him a 'blind cunt'?  Is it now that he was saying "Black cunt? I never called you a black cunt." or something?

Terry's saying what the video showed was him asking Ferdinand if he (Ferdinand) thought Terry had called him that slur.

@david_conn: "The issue for the court is not to decide whether Mr Terry is a racist - I have received unchallenged evidence he is not."

@david_conn: "Issue is whether Mr Terry uttered the words fucking black cunt as an insult. If he did, the offence is made out."

Not Guilty, cos it was possible it wasn't an insult.

Not guilty because there was no way of proving he was lying when he said he was just repeating what he claims Ferdinand accused him of saying.

Guest Phil K

The whole thing was ridiculous. FA acting against Terry, Fine. Making it into a court case, beyond idiotic. Solely to appease those who know nothing about football, and have made a career out of whining "Racism", "sexism" and the like. Ludicrous that Terry comes out of this as almost a victim. We all know what he is, and deserving of any insult you can think of. But a court case ? Jesus....

The whole thing was ridiculous. FA acting against Terry, Fine. Making it into a court case, beyond idiotic. Solely to appease those who know nothing about football, and have made a career out of whining "Racism", "sexism" and the like. Ludicrous that Terry comes out of this as almost a victim. We all know what he is, and deserving of any insult you can think of. But a court case ? Jesus....

PC gone mad, like.

Guest neesy111

If a criminal court couldn't find him to be guilty, I doubt the FA will be able to do anything.

They can, the Suarez thing didn't end up in court as that would had been difficult to prove in-court as well.