Crouch

La Parka

Guest eyeball_tickler

every time a "crouch" thread appears, a little part of me dies inside.

Shall I make a few more then ;)

just one about how promising a partnership between ameobi and crouch looks would do the trick  :thup:

Ideal for tthe 4-3-3 as Baggio says, maybe not unplayable but very effective.

His control and link-up play is generally overlooked due to his appearance, a better all-round player than most give him credit for.

Not my ideal option, but I'd be happy if we signed him.

Has Crouch actually ever played in a 4-3-3?

Nah. Don't need him, not good enough to 'replace' Viduka, and not worth the risk. I probably would have done at the start of last season, but not now.

I think he's surely played as the lone target man type at Liverpool at some point, if not though it doesn't take a lot to see that he's blatantly cut out for that role.

He's not really much of a risk either, and with none of our current strikers being ideal lone strikers he'd be a good option IMO.

If Allardyce intends on going 4-3-3 then I think Crouch could be the perfect target man, possibly unplayable.

Apart from the fact that he can't head a ball without fouling his marker?

He's shite.

All strikers give away freekicks when you try and play that style of football, Shearer done it for us for years but if you're looking for someone to win flick ons and hold the ball up then I think we would struggle to find better.

I would not be at all surprised if MON tried to bring him back to Villa in January.

I wouldn't be massively overjoyed, but I wouldn't be Harewoodly suicidal, either. Talking of which, Harewood threw a wobbler and flounced out of the ground when not picked for the bench even against West Ham. Rumours he'll be off in January. I fucking hope so.

I would not be at all surprised if MON tried to bring him back to Villa in January.

I wouldn't be massively overjoyed, but I wouldn't be Harewoodly suicidal, either. Talking of which, Harewood threw a wobbler and flounced out of the ground when not picked for the bench even against West Ham. Rumours he'll be off in January. I fucking hope so.

:lol:

How long is Carew out for?

He's back tomorrow, I think. The question is how long he'll be back for, he's fragile. We've missed him though, we look lightweight up front at the moment.

Incidentally, after Harewood's fuck up at Spurs, as the players came off the pitch, MON appeared to be shouting "That was your fucking fault" at Marlene. I honestly wonder whether he'll play again for us.

*crosses fingers and toes*

I wouldn't be massively overjoyed, but I wouldn't be Harewoodly suicidal, either. Talking of which, Harewood threw a wobbler and flounced out of the ground when not picked for the bench even against West Ham. Rumours he'll be off in January. I f****** hope so.

He's back tomorrow, I think. The question is how long he'll be back for, he's fragile. We've missed him though, we look lightweight up front at the moment.

Incidentally, after Harewood's f*** up at Spurs, as the players came off the pitch, MON appeared to be shouting "That was your f****** fault" at Marlene. I honestly wonder whether he'll play again for us.

*crosses fingers and toes*

I actually laughed when ye brought on that wierd headed fucker cos hes so useless and a wierd signing by o'neill!But laughed even louder when he gave away that stupid pen,whatever the fuck he was thinking

I'd take him.

He's only 26, doesn't get many injuries but my main concerns would be around;

a) his constant fouling of his marker. You don't have to hold onto the fucking centre back when you're nearly 7 bastard foot.

b) If he has a poor game as the spearhead of a 4-3-3 the other two alongside him will have very little to feed off therefore really limiting our attacking play.

The thing with Viduka is that even if he's not having a good game his upper body strength will allow him to hold off his marker and he'll bring others into the game. I don't see Crouch doing that - certainly not as consistently anyway.

But, that said, his hold up play and fouling of CB's can be coached out of him I would hope so I'd take the gamble - dependent on price.

Like Madras, I'd fear the football that we'd play to accomodate Crouch. Passes upfield would be coming down with snow on them.

Apart from that, as a player I'd like to see Crouch here. I think he offers a lot. Though Martins and Crouch would have a height difference of about a foot, which would be quite amusing.