Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest Gomez

"Steve has been tasked to secure a top-eight finish in the Premier League and he is also heavily incentivised to try to win a cup competition."

Translates to:

"We hope Steve keeps it above 15th or so, but as long as he doesn't accidentally qualify for Europe or win something, there's no way he's getting sacked before 2023... unless he grows a backbone"

Falcons legend is Black, used to love him when I was a season ticket holder there and they won everything.

Also a great character and must be class to have around the dressing room.

Apparently very close to Charlie Austin aswell. might come in handy if we try and sign him.

Today we appointed a man that talked about this club beign grand and deserving of success. He talked about his ambition to do his best to achieve this. The club have come out and followed suit with this idea.

We are yonks away from thi point last season already! Pardew had everyone convinced we ought to be grateful to be in the league. Our players weren't good enough. Europe was a pain. The cups were a hinderance. Man, fuck him and his crew. And I am glad he has duly fucked off to spout his inordinate shit somewhere else.

For now I am glad, because I cannot forget just how angry I was when Pardew and his band of buffoons were here.

Let's see what happens. We had better start getting in players quick time.

The next few bodies through the door (staff and players) will determine how I feel on this one.

It's going to be a huge indication on whether all of this is really positive or not. particularly the player movement.

I'm feeling pretty positive about this. I never disliked McClaren like some it was only after he turned us down twice that really didn't sit well with begging him to come. The owner needs to back him and back him strongly this summer though.

I really hope this is the start of a positive spell for us.

The fact he turned us down previously, at least tells me that unlike Pardew, he is not some desperate harlot that will do anything just to get the gig, and take whatever is thrown at him. In that sense it's somewhat positive.

I would hope that him agreeing to join this time meant that he was able to weild some influence, and do so on his terms somewhat.

Transfers-in is still barely a barometer, just like a year ago. The squad is small, w*** and investment is the only option. The ultimate proof is in match results.

Well if they bring in more than the absolute minimum, and they sign players of quality that we actually need, then it will be a very good sign.

Transfers-in is still barely a barometer, just like a year ago. The squad is small, w*** and investment is the only option. The ultimate proof is in match results.

Well if they bring in more than the absolute minimum, and they sign players of quality that we actually need, then it will be a very good sign.

They won't btw. :lol:

Odd really.. It doesn´t rhyme with the "Ashley business as usual" modus operandi does it?

Got a feeling that someone else is calling the shots, is Linda Ashley back with Mike for real I ask myself. She was good at bossing him around the tabloids hinted at.

Then all this will be meaningless, which is definitely still a possibility. But I feel it's going to be good.

Don't ask me why. Maybe I am just sick of the Eeyore graphic, and I'm looking for a reason to update it.

On a side note he has such a jolly face, similar to Papiss' smile - you just cant help like it.

We might be f***ing dogshit, but we've got some cracking grins in our squad.

:lol:

Then all this will be meaningless, which is definitely still a possibility. But I feel it's going to be good.

Don't ask me why. Maybe I am just sick of the Eeyore graphic, and I'm looking for a reason to update it.

Basically i think it won't be as bad as Pardew because i won't hate the man, but it's not exactly going to be great either.

Is there any other club acting like this?

Man Utd under Alex Ferguson comes to mind..  :shifty:

Odd really.. It doesn´t rhyme with the "Ashley business as usual" modus operandi does it?

Got a feeling that someone else is calling the shots, is Linda Ashley back with Mike for real I ask myself. She was good at bossing him around the tabloids hinted at.

wot