Steve McClaren

Dave

Anita

“I think it helps the manager has experience of Dutch football and has a style fairly similar to what I would be used to in Holland.

“The way he sets his team up is fairly similar to a lot of Dutch sides and the role I am playing now is the most similar to the one I used to play in at Ajax.

“Hopefully, that will mean I can fit in more easily than maybe before.”

Nice little tonic for those saying McClaren was worse than Pardew (at the time of his appointment).

Did anyone on here say that? Cronky doesn't count.

:lol:

I know I responded to a fair few comments along the lines of 'It's another Pardew', 'another English dinosaur'.

Anyway, hopefully this better style of play is what we see every week.

What a pointless article

Next week we bring you an exclusive on Moussa Sissoko's pure delight at seeing his Grandmother pass her driving test at the 3rd attempt.

Would quite like to see that to be fair.

Anita

“I think it helps the manager has experience of Dutch football and has a style fairly similar to what I would be used to in Holland.

“The way he sets his team up is fairly similar to a lot of Dutch sides and the role I am playing now is the most similar to the one I used to play in at Ajax.

Nice little tonic for those saying McClaren was worse than Pardew (at the time of his appointment).

I know I responded to a fair few comments along the lines of 'It's another Pardew', 'another English dinosaur'.

:facepalm:

How are those the same thing? What I, and a few others, said was that Steve McClaren was an unambitious appointment with a very patchy record. Not the significant upgrade the club should have gone for, and I stand by that.

Anita

How are those the same thing? What I, and a few others, said was that Steve McClaren was an unambitious appointment with a very patchy record. Not the significant upgrade the club should have gone for, and I stand by that.

:thup:

Anita

You don't think he's a significant upgrade on Pardew?

Anita

He is but Pardew shouldn't have ever been anywhere near the club.

Anita

He is but Pardew shouldn't have ever been anywhere near the club.

You'll get no argument from me on that. To go back to the original point though, he's clearly a massive upgrade on Pardew imo.

Anita

Not sure if it was you or not, but the main gripe for me was people saying he was another Pardew in terms of style of football, which is just plain wrong. I also don't think he failed at Derby but I guess that's open to debate.

Anita

Not sure if it was you or not, but the main gripe for me was people saying he was another Pardew in terms of style of football, which is just plain wrong. I also don't think he failed at Derby but I guess that's open to debate.

did anyone say this at all?  the closest i remember is ronaldo saying that his boro mates hated mclaren and that the football was boring and shit under him...that's still a very long way from saying he's anything like pardew

Anita

did anyone say this at all?  the closest i remember is ronaldo saying that his boro mates hated mclaren and that the football was boring and s*** under him...that's still a very long way from saying he's anything like pardew

Yes. Quite a few actually.