Steve McClaren

Dave

Dummet should partner mbemba with mbabu in at left back at the weekend. It would help the team imo and would show mcclaren has a pair.

He hasn't, BTW, so it won't happen.

Forgot Mbabu aye, absolutely then as it would still offer protection on the flanks against Pardew's fret

Previously I'd have championed Dummett in the centre, but he's been especially shocking this season. Has been looking like he's afraid of the ball, and the way he gifted acres of space and possession to Mahrez (I think it was) from a ball he should've easily cleared was absolutely criminal, can you imagine him doing that in the centre?

Aye. Surprised people are talking about moving him to CB even if Colo has been shit. I'd rather we went with Lascelles, see if he sinks or swims. Least the position is natural to him and at least has the physicality to play there. I don't see Dummett being an improvement on Coloccini based on his form this season.

From what I read of Palace vs. mackems Palace just played it long, might be the ideal game for Lascelles as long as we can keep the FB areas in check.

I watched the 2nd half and they didn't just lump it long, they tried running at them down the flanks with Zaha and Bolasie but Sunlun sat deep and cut off all space reducing palace to long range shots from Cabaye (who stills looks class).

Dummett is miles better at CB than he is at LB.

He's only played there a handful of times. First time we lost a derby pretty much because Fletcher had him for dinner.

I feel that way TBH.  There were some signs here and there, earlier on in the season.  Even when we were losing, you could sometimes take positives.  But the last 3-4 games have just been so abject.  Fair enough, we should have won against Stoke.  But apart from that.  We create absolutely fuck all and look like we're going to concede every time the opposition attacks.  We created a fair few chances against Stoke and still drew 0-0. 

Huge run of games going into January.  Can't see us getting fuck all from the next three.  Then we have what I think should be a couple of winnable games.  Problem is.  We will probably be 19th, with the pressure mounting by the time we play Villa.

I cant see a major swing in form which is needed and we can slip into the bottom 3 again if Sunderland win or drawer and we get beat by a couple of clear goals. Happy Days.

I wonder where this horse is Ashley was talking about.

I am in no way a mcclaren fan, although I can see he's far better than pardew. I think new faces would have solved it IF they had been made in the summer. There is too much of a can't be arsed attitude which seems to permeate throughout the squad and you can see it affecting the good players we brought in. Get rid of those with real fight because they stood up to the regime and keep the yes man patsies. Colo is the absolute epitome of this. Never mind as a player, I believe this guy is a massive reason why the club have trouble moving on. Why would you motivate yourself with this as your captain? A bloke who has the odd good game in a blue moon, doesnt have any passion, thinks asking "how's your wife and kids?" is motivational when we're a goal behind and seems to also be sodding off back to Argentina every Christmas. Mcclaren had the chance when he took over to make a huge change, relieve the existing captain of his duties and give it to someone with drive who would inspire. He also should have insisted on a replacement for colo too. And I do say insisted because it was us (well, graham carr) desperately licking his ring to get him here in the first place, not him chasing us. I can understand to a degree him allowing abeid and kemen to go because he likely thought the centre midfield was full so I'll cut him some slack. But he needed to make sweeping changes to breathe life into a decaying corpse of a club and instead he kept it as it was. Not just about player selections for me, it was about having the balls to make the changes needed to make a statement. That change could have really driven us forward, taken us out of the bog of eternal hopelessness that was the pardew era and I believe that the players who are either being written off as cack or just aren't performing might actually be different players now. Ones who actually care. But if you keep the rot around then you're just putting a Kleenex over a pissy puddle and hoping the wet bits don't spread.

Dummett is miles better at CB than he is at LB.

He's only played there a handful of times. First time we lost a derby pretty much because Fletcher had him for dinner.

I don't understand why so many seem to think Dummett can be an answer at CB. I've seen him get knocked about a few times now, I'm just not sure he's physically strong enough to stand up against a big target man.

There are no guarantees with managers. Sometimes it just works, sometimes it doesn't, from Juande Ramos to Claudio Ranieri.

What you mustn't do, and imo exactly what we have done, is appoint a manager with a very obvious glass ceiling far below where the club should be operating at.

I don't disagree with this, but didnt you fancy nigel adkins a couple of years ago? Wouldnt he have been a similar appointment?

McLarnon needs to deliver strong words, home truths and tough decisions but I think he's too weak to do any of that.

He talks a lot about showing trust in the players and creating a positive atmosphere so he won't want to risk creating animosity.

Colo needs dropping and stripping of the captaincy.

Janmaat needs dropping

Sissoko needs dropping

Tiote needs to be put down

Dummett needs to be moved to CB or benched.

Bring in lads who would relish a first team opportunity and stop pandering to 'established' first team players who aren't pulling their weight.