Steve McClaren

Dave

Do think the timing of it has been unfair on him. To keep him on training the team while our guys are out in public on their way to meetings when it's clear he's a dead man walking.

Think he's probably a very decent coach who struggles with the side of management where you have to walk into a dressing room and command respect. Arguably his tenure as England manager and the medias treatment of him while there did a lot to damage that.

Don't have the same elation most people are having at his sacking rather disappointed how the whole thing worked out, I really wanted it to work for him here.

He absolutely had to go but I haven't had the same reaction that I did when Pards finally left. I hope he goes on and gets another decent job somewhere.

Same.

The way the club's good name and reputation has been dragged through the mud (again!) by the way the lunatics "running" the club have mis-handled his termination makes my piss boil.

Don't have the same elation most people are having at his sacking rather disappointed how the whole thing worked out, I really wanted it to work for him here.

He absolutely had to go but I haven't had the same reaction that I did when Pards finally left. I hope he goes on and gets another decent job somewhere.

Spit on. This was something that just don't work out, be it because he's a better coach than manager, he was out of his depth, and players letting him down. He did have a tough task after 5 years of Pardew and 6 months of Carver. Pardew was a pure and fucking utter cunt who went out of his way to atagonise us and hide is shocking management abilities and will always be hated by us NUFC fans.

Don't hold anything against the guy whatsoever (apart from thinking he should have resigned after Saturday), was clearly well out of his depth and took the job knowing that with his recent record he wasn't going to get anything better.

The club is the problem and at least now they have acted decisively. I wouldn't put it past us to use this opportunity to move in the right direction and take a massive run and jump backwards though, here's looking at you Messrs Pearson, Curbishley & Redknapp.

Shit appointment, decent coach but woefully short as the main man. Not exactly thrilled by how he was strung along for so long. Hope his soul isn't broken by this, and wish him all the best for the future.

Apparently, if we stay up, we'll be the first club in Premiership history to do so after changing a manager at this point :kasper:

How many other teams have tried it?  How many points adrfit were they etc?

Don't get me wrong.  We're in a perilous position.  But I doubt that stat is actually as damning as it first sounds. 

Apparently, if we stay up, we'll be the first club in Premiership history to do so after changing a manager at this point :kasper:

I think there has been clubs who have changed later and stayed up, just not in March whilst being in the relegation zone.

Surely that's his career absolutely done for now. What's been his record since 1 Jan 2015 - about 6 wins or something? Pathetic.

Someone in the Championship will throw him a bone sooner or later I imagine.