Steve McClaren

Dave

If I were McClaren, I wouldn't fancy a failed jumped up Assistant Manager thinking he can second-guess every decision I make as he "managed" himself. My first priority would be getting rid of Carver, even if he wasn't horrific.

:sweetjesus:

It's the only way; you can't have the previous manager - who very much wanted the job - demoted and made the new guy's assistant. It's an awkward situation for everybody involved.

Pay him up and kick him out.

Also it shows that McClaren takes his role seriously, unlike Pardew who was prepared to accept anybody foisted on him as long as he got a wage. This is how any football club should be run, finally we seem to be seeing the light.

Pardew was such a gimp man. Complete fraud.

This is such a good sign. It would be such a strong indication that the club is actually going to give the McClaren a chance to do things properly, come what may.

@LukeEdwardsTele: John Carver and Steve Stone will lose their jobs today . Decks being cleared for the new man. More on @TeleFootball soon

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Still not happy about McClaren being the new manager.  Wasnt a problem for Garde/de Boer that they'd want their own men?

Guest Roger Kint

Something a normal football club would do for once.

I am a bit confused why they didn't offer this to other candidates though. Maybe that was more about transfers.

:yao:

I am a bit confused why they didn't offer this to other candidates though. Maybe that was more about transfers.

With Viera it was widely reported that transfers would be the problem. Would assume that Garde just wanted to be able to have some sort of ambition, maybe bring in a FULL coaching team as well as them and him having decent salaries.

Also, McClaren is clearly their number one man, so they would probably have just set up the other meetings and having been right cunts towards them, while begging Schteve to take the job after he had told us to fuck off twice.

@LukeEdwardsTele: John Carver and Steve Stone will lose their jobs today . Decks being cleared for the new man. More on @TeleFootball soon

http://i.imgur.com/SUwkDqn.gif

I just get the feeling that they really only wanted McClaren. They didn't seem to show much enthusiasm for anyone else.

It is not like Carver stepped in for a game or two - he was the "manager" for several months.  That would always create an awkward situation for both McClaren and Carver so it would never have made sense for Carver to revert to his previous role.

We're going to have players look FAR different now man, we're going to have REAL coaching now, not saying McClaren is some brilliant manager or will magically make us a wonderful team - but we're going to actually coach our players now with a man who is known to be an excellent coach.

Will also hope all players get a clean slate with McClaren now in - that includes the likes of Abeid and Marv.

(Arrghhh fucking shame about MYM, Santon, and HBA man!!!)

Makes you wonder if McClaren is all done and dusted?! We all know Ashley likes a gamble now and again!

Of course it's all done, just needs to sign and for us to actually announce it. Check back on Sunday around 11 pm for official confirmation.

We're going to have players look FAR different now man, we're going to have REAL coaching now, not saying McClaren is some brilliant manager or will magically make us a wonderful team - but we're going to actually coach our players now with a man who is known to be an excellent coach.

Will also hope all players get a clean slate with McClaren now in - that includes the likes of Abeid and Marv.

(Arrghhh fucking shame about MYM, Santon, and HBA man!!!)

Exactly, so rubbish that we got rid of three useful players for absolutely no reason. Positive news though.

(Arrghhh f***ing shame about MYM, Santon, and HBA man!!!)

Really is so sad ... but hopefully we can get some quality in this summer.