Steve McClaren

Dave

I don't understand all this "he's a good coach" talk. If he was such a good coach then how did he completely lose it at Derby with one of the strongest sides in the league and being top of the league at the beginning of March? At Wolfsburg he left a side that had won the league only 2 seasons previously to 1pt above the relegation zone? Couldn't get England into the Euro's, only lasted 10 games at Notts Forest etc.

He is a manager that for the past 13 years has failed wherever he has been, minus his stint at Twente. The fact that his most recent jobs have all been at Championship clubs (where he has failed) goes to show his coaching certainly isn't all what people think it is and his managerial ability is just poor. He is not good enough for NUFC (with an ambitious owner) and it's as simple as that. I can't believe quite how many fans are rolling over and taking this???

I'm going more off the Derby forums where just about all of their fans are saying he did wonders for their football, and that's one of the clubs where he supposedly failed. He might not be able to translate that to success here, but to be honest I'm really just looking forward to a new direction after the Pardew/Carver years of torture.

Not sure you can class his time at Middlesbrough as a failure. He won the only trophy in their history and led them to the UEFA Cup knockout stages twice, once to the final.

He is the most successful manager in the history of Boro and Twente. They are indisputable facts. He failed in some of his jobs yes, but it's wrong of people to rewrite history.

I don't understand all this "he's a good coach" talk. If he was such a good coach then how did he completely lose it at Derby with one of the strongest sides in the league and being top of the league at the beginning of March? At Wolfsburg he left a side that had won the league only 2 seasons previously to 1pt above the relegation zone? Couldn't get England into the Euro's, only lasted 10 games at Notts Forest etc.

He is a manager that for the past 13 years has failed wherever he has been, minus his stint at Twente. The fact that his most recent jobs have all been at Championship clubs (where he has failed) goes to show his coaching certainly isn't all what people think it is and his managerial ability is just poor. He is not good enough for NUFC (with an ambitious owner) and it's as simple as that. I can't believe quite how many fans are rolling over and taking this???

Taking it  :lol:

The bloke clearly has ability. His record is mixed but he's had sucess and won trophies which is more that can be said for a lot of Managers.  I'm going into it with an open mind and I'll make my mind up based on what I see on the pitch.

His ability and record don't really matter. He'll be told top 10 and forget about the cups just like everyone else.

Yup. I actually think if we gave him a decent squad he could do well. I reckon he'll have Newcastle where their squad deserves to be, he won't overachieve, but he won't underachieve either.

His ability and record don't really matter. He'll be told top 10 and forget about the cups just like everyone else.

I reckon they'll announce the Cup policy has changed.

If they mean it or not is another matter, but I think they will.

He won the League Cup with Boro. How is that failure?

At the same time people are saying that Slaven Bilic is a world class coach. Well, he led Lokomotiv Moscow to their worst ever league performance and got sacked, before he failed to win the league twice with Besiktas - the only thing worth something for them. So... why is he so much better?

At the same time people are saying that Slaven Bilic is a world class coach. Well, he led Lokomotiv Moscow to their worst ever league performance and got sacked, before he failed to win the league twice with Besiktas - the only thing worth something for them. So... why is he so much better?

I honestly don't know why people who scream about how terrible McClaren is seem to rate Bilic and even Laudrup so much higher.

CHDbpYaWcAArWh_.jpg

This is doing the rounds on twitter.

Admittedly someone could've just shopped it, put it on a memory card then made out it's been worked on on a camera, like.

Could've?

The stand has people in it...and we currently have no pitch.

Safe to say its 'shopped' whatever it is, whether it be by the club or not.

CHDbpYaWcAArWh_.jpg

This is doing the rounds on twitter.

Admittedly someone could've just shopped it, put it on a memory card then made out it's been worked on on a camera, like.

A full stadium :lol:

Also St James park has no turf at the moment

Guest Roger Kint

Hes not even in the country til later today never mind the pretty obvious points by gdm :lol:

For English people and mentality someone with a foreign name is better valued and looked more sophisticated than someone local.

Guest firetotheworks

Stuck it on an SD card instead of just Photoshopping it onto a camera. :lol:

Why's that funny? Your way is far more ridiculous.

Stuck it on an SD card instead of just Photoshopping it onto a camera. :lol:

Why's that funny? Your way is far more ridiculous.

Someone who can has the skills to make the image could put it on a camera screen in PS in less than a minute.