Steve McClaren

Dave

I may come round to giving him a chance if he was behind sacking that ball bag and brings in good coaches. Also must replace that fat disgraceful physio with Steve Black or someone who won't make us rack up injuries.

The biggest job Shupa-Mac has had since England, he's got a point to prove, could be his swan song. I'm desperate to like my club again.

Yup. This is my understanding. He was laughed at as England manager and Indon't think anyone takes the Dutch title seriously. He's coming in with a chip on his shoulder. He's got a point to prove.

I may come round to giving him a chance if he was behind sacking that ball bag and brings in good coaches. Also must replace that fat disgraceful physio with Steve Black or someone who won't make us rack up injuries.

This for me is crucial. I'm still on the fence with McClaren taking over, but clearly something has to be done to stop the ridiculous amount of injuries we seem to suffer year after year. If he takes steps to address and stop those and makes more common sense decisions, like getting rid of Carver, it's a step in the right direction. Still not saying I'd be fully on board, but I'd be willing to consider it. Although none of that changes the way I feel about Ashley.

The biggest job Shupa-Mac has had since England, he's got a point to prove, could be his swan song. I'm desperate to like my club again.

Yup. This is my understanding. He was laughed at as England manager and Indon't think anyone takes the Dutch title seriously. He's coming in with a chip on his shoulder. He's got a point to prove.

Well, I do. You don't need to rate the remainder of his career, but that was an outstanding achievement for a team like Twente.

Well, I do. You don't need to rate the remainder of his career, but that was an outstanding achievement for a team like Twente.

I just want to see is play half-decent football for once.

We've been fucking horrible to watch since Pardle's little run back in 2011/12. I'm not expecting us to surge up the league by any means but if he can make us mildly entertaining with whatever he has to work with then it'll be a start.

Aye, I know this is what we've been reduced to.

Aye. It's his greatest achievement by some way.

Stuff like this in the beeb, in their Carver sacked story show what an embarrassment we are going for this bloke:

"McClaren was twice approached by Newcastle towards the end of the season but preferred to stay at Derby.

He was then sacked when the Rams failed to reach the Championship play-offs."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33067889

The person that typed this didn't need to mention McLaren turning us down twice, it has no context with the Carver story at all, but he did just to get a few laughs at us I'm sure.

I mean by his peers and people in football. It's not like any other teams besides the ones in theChampionship were looking to sign him as manager. Its only us. Anyway I just hope he's motivated to prove people wrong.

I mean by his peers and people in football. It's not like any other teams besides the ones in theChampionship were looking to sign him as manager. Its only us. Anyway I just hope he's motivated to prove people wrong.

it's funny but in football this is ordinarily a trait you'd admire in a football club - "he's our man and we'll go all out to get him"

sadly our version of this is ran by people who know nothing about football to the extent they thought john carver was a safe pair of hands and more importantly we wait until he's sacked to make our move :lol:

Indon't think anyone takes the Dutch title seriously.

Give over man.

What is McClaren's favoured formation?  I'm never arsed about England so don't remember when he was there and didnt see any Twente or Derby (or whatever else was in between)

Give over man.

This :thup: He won a title for a team that had never won a league championship before, in a league that is usually dominated by 2 or 3 clubs, so to discount it would be stupid.

Give over man.

This :thup: He won a title for a team that had never won a league championship before, in a league that is usually dominated by 2 or 3 clubs, so to discount it would be stupid.

theres only him and van gaal have done it in the league history, outstanding achievement.

What is McClaren's favoured formation?  I'm never arsed about England so don't remember when he was there and didnt see any Twente or Derby (or whatever else was in between)

http://www.football-lineups.com/coach/162/

Boro: 4-4-2

England: 4-4-2

Twente: 4-3-3

Wolfsburg: mostly 4-3-2-1

Forest: tried everything

Twente again: 4-3-3

Derby first season: 4-3-3

Derby last season: 4-1-4-1

If he's got even the slightest amount of adaptability, he's lightyears ahead of Pardew. You think of a couple of the squads we've had over the last four years - some of the pools of players we've had available - you wonder how we'd have done with a manager that wasn't stubborn in his jurassic negativity. The squad now is pish but if can buy a couple of good players I'm curious (even slightly optimistic) that we could be watchable.

I'm not happy with McClaren. It's a predictable and boring appointment that hasn't been made with the intentions of being the best we can be, but I'm just so exhausted by the past era that I'm interested to finally see something, anything, fresh.