Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder if SBR and Gary Speed are stood next to you now, you despicable, pandering, shameless cunt.

Wasn't the sticking point with another manager (Garde?) that he couldn't bring his own people in?

If that's the case why does this look like it's happening with Schteve-o here?

Wasn't the sticking point with another manager (Garde?) that he couldn't bring his own people in?

No, it had something to do with art galleries

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/66/Graves_Art_Gallery,_Sheffield.jpg

I like him already.

It's likely this was more to do with the club releasing him than McLaren, since he isn't even in the job yet. The players have clearly stagnated under his coaching, his ability to take us from 10th to needing to win our last game of the season just to stay up, the embarrassing press conferences, altercations with fans and I think the cherry on the top for the club was bringing them back into a bad light in the way he told Jonas he was finished by telling Raylor to pass the phone to him.

McLaren like any other manager/head coach would have asked to pick his own staff for sure, but I'm pretty sure he's not gone "You better get rid of that plank Carver, he's useless or I'm not taking the job".

Lets not be too quick to praise a job well done for something he's probably not had a lot to do with.

I was a minor advocate of McClaren anyway but I'm convinced he's responsible for the club seeing the back of those tits. Fair play.

I 'might' come around to Shuper-Mac being our new boss if these are the sort of decisions he makes. To be fair to the bloke I thought he was alright already, Ferguson obviously seemed to like him and he managed to keep Boro ticking over above their level so who knows. Plus he's got a bit of experience at different levels, overseas, European, International... maybe I'm just in an overly optimistic mood. I guess the main thing will be whether he gets backed by the club... lol.

It's a good point Kanji makes. Even if McLaren is shite as long as he brings a professional coaching and medical setup with him we should progress at a rate of knots anyways. I'm convinced our players have barely had anything worthy of the name coaching for years.

I like him already.

It's likely this was more to do with the club releasing him than McLaren, since he isn't even in the job yet. The players have clearly stagnated under his coaching, his ability to take us from 10th to needing to win our last game of the season just to stay up, the embarrassing press conferences, altercations with fans and I think the cherry on the top for the club was bringing them back into a bad light in the way he told Jonas he was finished by telling Raylor to pass the phone to him.

McLaren like any other manager/head coach would have asked to pick his own staff for sure, but I'm pretty sure he's not gone "You better get rid of that plank Carver, he's useless or I'm not taking the job".

Lets not be too quick to praise a job well done for something he's probably not had a lot to do with.

it was tongue in cheek, but it's a good start. if he's to have any chance of succeeding here (whatever that means) he needed to bring his own people in.

I'm firmly on the mcclaren side of the fence though, in terms of giving him a fair crack anyway. so this is a positive start as far as I'm.concerned.