Steve McClaren

Dave

One thing I want to see is exciting players – a bit of pace, a bit of speed and individualism. This crowd has always had a No 9-style player and it’d be great to get one of them in.

My team should always have attitude, always have fight, always play football and always play with a certain style and flair because I think that’s what Newcastle demands. They should always play attacking football. But ultimately, you know, it’s about the result.

Sounds good. :thup:

'I have always managed teams that have played attacking, positive football.'

'All my teams are organised and are on the front foot, looking to win the game.'

'I don’t want to be finishing seventh or eight every year, and he knows that. He knows what I am like.'

'Mike knows me, he knows I have fallen out with chairmen before – that’s because I want to win things.'

We'll see.

:lol:

No problem with McClaren honouring his Derby contract.

I do however have a problem with us targetting him in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a terrible manager but he's pretty mediocre. Maybe something will click for him and he'll do well, but there's a terrible lack of ambition surrounding this appointment.

'All my teams are organised and are on the front foot, looking to win the game.'

'I don’t want to be finishing seventh or eight every year, and he knows that. He knows what I am like.'

'Mike knows me, he knows I have fallen out with chairmen before – that’s because I want to win things.'

http://i.imgur.com/KzlpZhj.jpg

No problem with McClaren honouring his Derby contract.

I do however have a problem with us targetting him in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, he's not a terrible manager but he's pretty mediocre. Maybe something will click for him and he'll do well, but there's a terrible lack of ambition surrounding this appointment.

Guest firetotheworks

http://i.imgur.com/KzlpZhj.jpg

Fucking Mike hoying about Chris Morris images. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Probably already mentioned but Adam Bartlett has found out via twitter he wont be coaching here next season. Good to see we learnt from the Jonas backlash.....

Probably already mentioned but Adam Bartlett has found out via twitter he wont be coaching here next season. Good to see we learnt from the Jonas backlash.....

He's been released by Gateshead as a player hasn't he? Isn't that what he's referring to?

Guest Roger Kint

He's been released by Gateshead as a player hasn't he? Isn't that what he's referring to?

Dont know, assumed he meant from the coaching he did here too considering Gateshead released list was a few days ago wasnt it?

Just been chatting to a mate at work, season ticket holder at Boro when McClaren was there. He cited his main strength as game management, which gives me a bit of positivity after 5 years of the worst game management possible.