Steve McClaren

Dave

Though it was a much improved performance, this was a 'free match' in that we were expected to lose. And despite playing really well, we still couldn't win. Even Pardew was able to motivate the players against these at SJP, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

I sincerely hope the coaching staff can use the positives from this game to help us win the matches against the lesser teams to come, because s*** teams that get relegated often put in surprisingly good performances against the leading clubs and the 'if we can just play like that every week...' rhetoric never comes to fruition.

We're still in big trouble IMO.

Game of two half's for me very good in the first, playing exactly how you should against the better teas but second we played exactly how you shouldn't and allowed Chelsea onto us and too much space. We need a manager who will when winning actually continue to try and win the match and not just hold on if we do actually score first - we had nearly five year of it under Pardew and it certainly won't change under this bloke either.

Why won't it change under "this bloke"? I've heard more to the contrary from people that have seen his teams play over the last few years.

Though it was a much improved performance, this was a 'free match' in that we were expected to lose. And despite playing really well, we still couldn't win. Even Pardew was able to motivate the players against these at SJP, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

I sincerely hope the coaching staff can use the positives from this game to help us win the matches against the lesser teams to come, because s*** teams that get relegated often put in surprisingly good performances against the leading clubs and the 'if we can just play like that every week...' rhetoric never comes to fruition.

Game of two half's for me very good in the first, playing exactly how you should against the better teas but second we played exactly how you shouldn't and allowed Chelsea onto us and too much space. We need a manager who will when winning actually continue to try and win the match and not just hold on if we do actually score first - we had nearly five year of it under Pardew and it certainly won't change under this bloke either.

Why won't it change under "this bloke"? I've heard more to the contrary from people that have seen his teams play over the last few years.

Have you seen his teams play over the years are you kidding me he is one of the most negative managers going lol

Have you seen his teams play over the years are you kidding me he is one of the most negative managers going lol

I call bullshit. My best mate is a Derby fan, and whilst McClaren may not have achieved what was expected of them, he's been anything but negative.

His style is clearly more about retaining possession and trying to play it across the floor like, we did that well in the first half. Today was the 2nd time this season we've actively played for a point though.

I thought there was a clear switch to playing more long balls and crosses into the centre forward today. Not that I'm complaining, we need results.

His style is clearly more about retaining possession and trying to play it across the floor like, we did that well in the first half. Today was the 2nd time this season we've actively played for a point though.

I thought there was a clear switch to playing more long balls and crosses into the centre forward today. Not that I'm complaining, we need results.

We mixed it up much better. Passing on the deck was crisper too, it had more conviction.

We sat back 2nd half after a rest instantly, pretty sure it was by instruction rather than being worn out.

We were lucky they didnt make the most of a couple chances due to that. Remy ran offside for one, Pedro skied a clear chance another. Both times we just left Fabregas, one of the best passers in the league in yards of space. Its complete common sense stuff.

Team was knackered so we sagged back. Makes you wonder what they're doing for fitness training, too many were gassed after an hour or so.

I would disagree with that tbh. We scored just before half time, and as soon as we came out for the second half we dropped back and looked like we were going to protect the lead first and hope to counter on the break. Even though it worked perfectly in that we doubled our lead, in the end we ended up giving them so much of the ball that it allowed them to apply pretty much non-stop pressure.

Having watched Spurs last 3 games on telly, the contrast with Pochettino is pretty obvious. They seem to play the same way for 90 mins without getting knackered.

Team was knackered so we sagged back. Makes you wonder what they're doing for fitness training, too many were gassed after an hour or so.

I would disagree with that tbh. We scored just before half time, and as soon as we came out for the second half we dropped back and looked like we were going to protect the lead first and hope to counter on the break. Even though it worked perfectly in that we doubled our lead, in the end we ended up giving them so much of the ball that it allowed them to apply pretty much non-stop pressure.

Having watched Spurs last 3 games on telly, the contrast with Pochettino is pretty obvious. They seem to play the same way for 90 mins without getting knackered.

Should be pointed out that it took Pochettino most of last season to get it right, mind.

I meant after an hour. We clearly didn't want to concede in the first few minutes of the half, because we've been bad for that this season, so tried to play in the counter for a bit. Chelsea sort of built up to the pressure and tired us out. Confidence will play a part too. The Ramires sub was brilliant, Mourinho could see we were too tired to cover there.

Should be pointed out that it took Pochettino most of last season to get it right, mind.

True, I just don't think he's the type of manager who would change his game plan from what was working in the first half because we had taken the lead.

I call bullshit. My best mate is a Derby fan, and whilst McClaren may not have achieved what was expected of them, he's been anything but negative.

Biggest shit I've read on here and that's saying something - I don't need an alleged best mate to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.

Biggest shit I've read on here and that's saying something - I don't need an alleged best mate to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.

Other than that it being clear you've made your mind up about McClaren based on an initial desire to not like him, the use of 'alleged' really cracked me up. What a fucking fraud I am - Lenny is isn't even my real name.

Biggest s*** I've read on here and that's saying something - I don't need an alleged best mate to tell me what I can see with my own eyes.

Other than that it being clear you've made your mind up about McClaren based on an initial desire to not like him, the use of 'alleged' really cracked me up. What a f***ing fraud I am - Lenny is isn't even my real name.

Ask yourself why I made my mind up about McClaren it's not rocket science - the fact that you need a so called friend to try and establish a point makes you pretty sad when anyone watching could see over the years he has and always will be a negative manager. You carry on believing though.