Steve McClaren

Dave

I'd say the right approach is to calm down and not get caught up in the hype.

No matter what players are out there, or how the teams are doing, they will always have the advantage of being underdogs. Getting worked up just plays into their hands.

Mentally we've approached this game in the wrong manner ever since the 5-1. Maybe it's better to play it down instead of being either scared, intimidated or too wound up for it.

You need to tell the likes of Tiote to not make any challenges and make a massive deal out of it when he's kicked to bits. Tell Mitrovic to keep his limbs to himself and again play up their fouls. Same goes fo Colback, play himself as a victim.

Cattermole, Larrson , oshea have been doing this for several years now and have got the better of us by kicking lumps out of our players for us lot to react and lose our heads.

Just calm the fuck down and play the ref, once they lose that advantage then we can start playing football.

:thup:  Spot on.

Yep, can't start with Tiote. We need to start with Colback and Anita, especially after they were finally starting to work together vs Chelsea and then Anita was unceremoniously dropped for the unrefined Tiote. McClaren needs to trust the two enough to take the mackems on.

Ideally we'd have a proper DM alongside Anita but for now we can hope ginger jack will be up for this one.

Really need Anita there instead of Tiote on Sunday. Anita has his faults, but at least he's calm in the tackle and won't get booked in the first 10 minutes.

Just the sort of game for Anita to do one of his famous disappearing acts in or for Tiote to get sent off in. Tough choice for McClaren.

Really need Anita there instead of Tiote on Sunday. Anita has his faults, but at least he's calm in the tackle and won't get booked in the first 10 minutes.

Just the sort of game for Anita to do one of his famous disappearing acts in or for Tiote to get sent off in. Tough choice for McClaren.

Riiiiight.

As long as we play through Sissoko and Wijnaldum and of course the front 2 i don't think it matters personally, one of the good things about Norwich for me personally is we stopped playing through the midfield 2 and naturally looked a lot more dangerous as a result.

Which we need to keep doing until we get a better CM partnership, if we ever do that is.

He should shave the back and sides and leave the island imo.

And dye it blue.

That would be amazing.

He could pull it off, imo.

http://i.imgur.com/UbqvoDC.jpg

I'd put 100% effort in for a manager who looked like that. Inspirational.

Aye, throw in Colback and it's the worst type of conundrum.

Sunderland actually have some legs in central midfield for once too. M'vila, Cattermole & Lens seem like they can all run.

As long as we play through Sissoko and Wijnaldum and of course the front 2 i don't think it matters personally, one of the good things about Norwich for me personally is we stopped playing through the midfield 2 and naturally looked a lot more dangerous as a result.

Which we need to keep doing until we get a better CM partnership, if we ever do that is.

Aye, Elliot attempted to kick it/throw to Mitro or one of the wide lads (who are pretty tall for their positions). Much less of this Colback to Colo, Colo to Mbemba, Mbemba to Colback, Colback to Colo shit of the first few games.

Aye, Elliot attempted to kick it/throw to Mitro or one of the wide lads (who are pretty tall for their positions). Much less of this Colback to Colo, Colo to Mbemba, Mbemba to Colback, Colback to Colo shit of the first few games.

I don't know. I think we're kind of overestimating these cunts. I think if we actually play the ball on the ground we'll rape them. It's how we've always won against them. It's when we try and 'shore up' that we lose our bottle against them. I say do all the tiki-taka, gegenpressing, total football business we want as that's the way we'll have them chasing the ball.

Not saying we hoof tbf, just that the focus of our passing should be through Perez, Wijnaldum and Sissoko instead of Colback and Anita/Tiote, which was the case against Norwich and i hope it continues. Mainly because above all else they move the ball at a much higher pace and force defenders backwards.

Aye, throw in Colback and it's the worst type of conundrum.

Sunderland actually have some legs in central midfield for once too. M'vila, Cattermole & Lens seem like they can all run.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: