Steve McClaren

Dave

If you think about the character/personality we need to replace him there is literally nobody of that ilk available.

Klopp was the last one and clearly out of our reach.

You can forget the likes of David Moyes.

Aye this is a good point. Also, anybody with the necessary charisma and courage that would motivate the players wouldn't work with our board/Ashley

its mental al how the players are getting away with it.  Only in football could you effectively not do your job, or even slightly try every week and get away with it.

Totally boils my piss.

They're not, though. The majority of the cunts are hated.

:thup:

hard to see how he can turn it around but then again its hard to see how any manager in the world could turn this shower of shite into a competent team.

Someone with a bit of charisma and authority would be a start

charisma and authority won't magic our defense into one fit for purpose

I agree but the players just seem to have no respect for him whatsoever

That's how it looks, it looks like they're deliberately downing tools and not playing for him.

again fat sam says hai from above us in the table

I'd love to know what's happened between the Norwich, Sunderland & Stoke games and the last three. I know we weren't exactly 1970 Brazil but we were making chances and not looking like acid on the eyes. Last 3 games is as bad as I've seen.

It's weird. Things felt somewhat more positive a few weeks ago and now we're here  :lol:

I'd love to know what's happened between the Norwich, Sunderland & Stoke games and the last three. I know we weren't exactly 1970 Brazil but we were making chances and not looking like acid on the eyes. Last 3 games is as bad as I've seen.

I've seen us relegated 3 times and can't remember us ever being as bad as we have been these past 2 games. There's just no spark, no effort whatsoever.

We're so fragile it's unreal.

If you think about the character/personality we need to replace him there is literally nobody of that ilk available.

Aye this is a good point. Also, anybody with the necessary charisma and courage that would motivate the players wouldn't work with our board/Ashley

As much as I loathe him, Harry Redknapp is probably the closest there is to someone who would potentially take it here, and gives it a go. I know QPR was shocking but I think he's the best bet under this lot. :(

its mental al how the players are getting away with it.  Only in football could you effectively not do your job, or even slightly try every week and get away with it.

Totally boils my p*ss.

They're not, though. The majority of the c***s are hated.

I know that mate, but nothing really happens, it"ll be McClaren that gets all the s*** in the media etc, from the fans, press.

I know the pundits have been aiming s*** at the players but in general they are removed from the firing line.

I"d love 10 minutes in a room with some of the f***ers thats seemingly play for us.

ps - I'm not supporting McClaren, he needs to walk imo

I've seen us relegated 3 times and can't remember us ever being as bad as we have been these past 2 games. There's just no spark, no effort whatsoever.

As you say, they've downed tools for him.

There's fundamental problems throughout this football club, emanating from the very top. I bet even the new tea lady uses every tea bag three times.

Guest neesy111

You can thank the transfer committee for that which fans are still defending.  But cabaye....

Not least when the previous manager is on the fucking board.

As much as I loathe him, Harry Redknapp is probably the closest there is to someone who would potentially take it here, and gives it a go. I know QPR was shocking but I think he's the best bet under this lot. :(

No thanks

I'd rather have successive relegations than have to listen to his bullshit.

Your comprehension skills are awful. SMC is a poor manager but the squad isn't significantly better. We should be doing better but we are long way (and yes, a spine of a team is a long way) from being in that bracket just below the top 6-7 with Everton or Soton.

This isn't 1972. The most important thing in modern football is money. Making the people who control it - the most important people. That's why you get Abramovic or Venky's.

you're clueless man, utterly clueless - every single season at least one manager comes in and makes a difference without money to keep a team up or better when the plodding failure is sacked

even on that basic level my point is proven but if you don't think we should have more than 10 points at this stage with a good manager there's no hope for you, get yourself down to selhurst there's a guy waiting for the likes of you

An absolute idiot you are. Yes SMC is a crap manager, yes we should have more points but no - this team is not decent by any stretch. Haven't been decent for years.

Needs to walk. Engulfed by the 'loser' culture. To be expected.

Brought his own angle of it with him to add to the already strong ethic we had.

Given that he's a coach I'd love to know what he's coaching because it isn't:

defending

passing

pressing

attacking

wide play

Your comprehension skills are awful. SMC is a poor manager but the squad isn't significantly better. We should be doing better but we are long way (and yes, a spine of a team is a long way) from being in that bracket just below the top 6-7 with Everton or Soton.

This isn't 1972. The most important thing in modern football is money. Making the people who control it - the most important people. That's why you get Abramovic or Venky's.

you're clueless man, utterly clueless - every single season at least one manager comes in and makes a difference without money to keep a team up or better when the plodding failure is sacked

even on that basic level my point is proven but if you don't think we should have more than 10 points at this stage with a good manager there's no hope for you, get yourself down to selhurst there's a guy waiting for the likes of you

An absolute idiot you are. Yes SMC is a crap manager, yes we should have more points but no - this team is not decent by any stretch. Haven't been decent for years.

what are you on about?  all i've said is this squad would not be relegation fodder with a good manager, that's it :lol:

you apparently believe this squad of players would be going down no matter who was in charge?  that is mental

hard to see how he can turn it around but then again its hard to see how any manager in the world could turn this shower of s**** into a competent team.

Someone with a bit of charisma and authority would be a start

charisma and authority won't magic our defense into one fit for purpose

I agree but the players just seem to have no respect for him whatsoever

We need someone frightening as fuck to motivate thise lot, but even someone who just looks a little bit like Diego Simeone would probably do a better job at that than McClaren is

defending

passing

pressing

attacking

wide play

:thup: Yup.

The early days, where there was a definitive shift in approach, has clearly been slung by the wayside in exchange for hit and hope.

Can't summon an opinion on whether he should be sacked or not, there's no point. A new manager would be sucked into the vortex of mediocrity anyway. Probably the most likely thing is we sign enough players to just survive so we can start the same thing again in August.

defending

passing

pressing

attacking

wide play

:thup: Yup.

The early days, where there was a definitive shift in approach, has clearly been slung by the wayside in exchange for hit and hope.

Aye, I could see the plan in the first 2/3 games. Keep shape, keep the ball, probe and work it back if needs be. Now it's as baseless as anything Pardew and Carver served up.

I could almost tolerate losing every fucking week if I could see that it was part of a bigger picture (like when KK came back). But with this shit, this shit is absolutely unreal. It's staggering we get worse and worse when you think there is no lower we can plummet.

I'd advocate him leaving but given how inept his board colleagues are I'm not even sure it'd be worth it. Might as well just go down with him at the helm, get it over and done with.

Can't summon an opinion on whether he should be sacked or not, there's no point. A new manager would be sucked into the vortex of mediocrity anyway. Probably the most likely thing is we sign enough players to just survive so we can start the same thing again in August.

Vortex of mediocrity? We're fucking 19th you tool.