Steve McClaren

Dave

hard to see how he can turn it around but then again its hard to see how any manager in the world could turn this shower of s**** into a competent team.

Someone with a bit of charisma and authority would be a start

charisma and authority won't magic our defense into one fit for purpose

I agree but the players just seem to have no respect for him whatsoever

We need someone frightening as fuck to motivate thise lot, but even someone who just looks a little bit like Diego Simeone would probably do a better job at that than McClaren is

Get Roy Keane in to hopefully murder a few of them

Can't summon an opinion on whether he should be sacked or not, there's no point. A new manager would be sucked into the vortex of mediocrity anyway. Probably the most likely thing is we sign enough players to just survive so we can start the same thing again in August.

Vortex of mediocrity? We're fucking 19th you tool.

The vortex of failure then, whatever. The semantics aren't really the point there.

Your comprehension skills are awful. SMC is a poor manager but the squad isn't significantly better. We should be doing better but we are long way (and yes, a spine of a team is a long way) from being in that bracket just below the top 6-7 with Everton or Soton.

This isn't 1972. The most important thing in modern football is money. Making the people who control it - the most important people. That's why you get Abramovic or Venky's.

TCD - Sam Allardyce says Hai.  He also says that without money there is no way a manager can influence a squad of utterly s***, abject players :thup:

You two should talk.

You're an absolute idiot. Sunderland have been a bottom half Premiership team and they'll continue to be.

I was dead set against SMC from the start. Got pelters for saying he would be no better than Pardew and that nothing had changed. Turns out on evidence thus far.... he's worse. We could do better but this is fundamentally a shit team.

SMC is the new cog in the shit system.

Charlie Nicholas thinks he's in bother.

Aye, sounds like he's ITK with that kind of insight.

McClaren is only leaving if he wants to, and even though whoever else we get in will be dogshit.

The media seem to be turning or have turned against him.

Your comprehension skills are awful. SMC is a poor manager but the squad isn't significantly better. We should be doing better but we are long way (and yes, a spine of a team is a long way) from being in that bracket just below the top 6-7 with Everton or Soton.

This isn't 1972. The most important thing in modern football is money. Making the people who control it - the most important people. That's why you get Abramovic or Venky's.

TCD - Sam Allardyce says Hai.  He also says that without money there is no way a manager can influence a squad of utterly s***, abject players :thup:

You two should talk.

You're an absolute idiot. Sunderland have been a bottom half Premiership team and they'll continue to be.

I was dead set against SMC from the start. Got pelters for saying he would be no better than Pardew and that nothing had changed. Turns out on evidence thus far.... he's worse. We could do better but this is fundamentally a shit team.

SMC is the new cog in the shit system.

no words, i'm not getting banned again for you, but you're exposing yourself for what you are here like

Needs to walk. Engulfed by the 'loser' culture. To be expected.

Brought his own angle of it with him to add to the already strong ethic we had.

Given that he's a coach I'd love to know what he's coaching because it isn't:

defending

passing

pressing

attacking

wide play

:thup: Yup.

The early days, where there was a definitive shift in approach, has clearly been slung by the wayside in exchange for hit and hope.

Aye, I could see the plan in the first 2/3 games. Keep shape, keep the ball, probe and work it back if needs be. Now it's as baseless as anything Pardew and Carver served up.

I could almost tolerate losing every f***ing week if I could see that it was part of a bigger picture (like when KK came back). But with this s***, this s*** is absolutely unreal. It's staggering we get worse and worse when you think there is no lower we can plummet.

I'd advocate him leaving but given how inept his board colleagues are I'm not even sure it'd be worth it. Might as well just go down with him at the helm, get it over and done with.

Even 5 games ago, you could see some form of gameplan, tbh, a short termer to see us through at the very least. It's been an amazing capitulation, once again, and it's hard to say what the fuck's gone wrong. All desire, (minimal) attacking cohesion and teamwork they had seemed to disappear after Stoke/the international break. It's staggering how quickly everything turns to shit, we won a game 2 matches ago and it's back the the crisis point of mid-September.

Lost all respect for Anderson a long long time ago, but he's right here, mcclaren way out of his depth.

McClaren doesn't seem able to fire the players us and none of the players are going to do it for him.

Charlie Nicholas thinks he's in bother.

Aye, sounds like he's ITK with that kind of insight.

McClaren is only leaving if he wants to, and even though whoever else we get in will be dogshit.

The media seem to be turning or have turned against him.

It's just all so pointless. If he stays we'll go down, if he goes we'll get in some shite English clogger of a manager. In January we'll maybe maybe sign a few bodies and make a last ditch attempt at signing N'Zogbia, but then sell Perez.

I hope we're relegated, I hope all of these braindead shithouse fans desert us and I hope we get relegated again and Ashley moves on to some other club. I'd take 5, hell even 10 or more years in the wilderness at this point if it meant that at least we had a board that made FOOTBALLING decisions. I'm sick of an ugly, shitty stadium and I'm sick of feeling helpless when things clearly need to be changed because they won't be.

Just sick of the whole fucking thing.