Steve McClaren

Dave

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-sound-out-rafa-benitez-7518453

Benitez, who was axed from the Bernabeu in January, is keen on a return to the Premier League and has had contact from United.

But no deal has been done and while Bentiez has yet to turn down the opportunity, he needs convincing about the powers he would have to reshape the club in the long run.

Benitez is being considered but will demand guarantees and influence behind the scenes, as well as on the training ground, if he is to say yes, and he is not yet convinced.

Any new boss is likely to be appointed until the end of the season, before talks about the future direction of the club once Newcastle know which division they are in.

Benitez’ European reputation – he has also bossed Chelsea, Inter Napioli and Valencia - is considered a plus in motivating an international dressing room short on inspiration.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-sound-out-rafa-benitez-7518453

Benitez, who was axed from the Bernabeu in January, is keen on a return to the Premier League and has had contact from United.

But no deal has been done and while Bentiez has yet to turn down the opportunity, he needs convincing about the powers he would have to reshape the club in the long run.

Benitez is being considered but will demand guarantees and influence behind the scenes, as well as on the training ground, if he is to say yes, and he is not yet convinced.

Any new boss is likely to be appointed until the end of the season, before talks about the future direction of the club once Newcastle know which division they are in.

Benitez’ European reputation – he has also bossed Chelsea, Inter Napioli and Valencia - is considered a plus in motivating an international dressing room short on inspiration.

Inter Napioli?!

If we could convince someone like Rafa to take the job (which I highly doubt), surely the contract would need to be until the end of the season and surviving relegation triggers an automatic 4/5 year extension.

Imagine Rafa getting us out of the shit, then leaving to take over a proper club and us ending up with Sherwood.

Guest chopey

This would be amazing, I have no Ill feeling of McClaren and would be happy for him to take over the academy but he is just not the right fit for us

Guest Phillipealbert

We will end up with John Gregory or something like that

Fred West. Or Hitler.  Either would be better than Redknapp.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's not an outright cunt like Pardew or Carver, certainly, but he's a complete and utter pansy who lacks the honour to do the decent thing and walk, as was the case with the England job. Pussies like that deserve the humiliation that invariably comes their way.

Watch out fellow pussies, someone's door's getting knocked straight off its hinges tonight if he doesn't get sacked soon.

This would be amazing, I have no Ill feeling of McClaren and would be happy for him to take over the academy but he is just not the right fit for us

I wouldn't let him in change of the coffee machine. Need a clean break, just like what I had 15 mins ago.

I remember when the Hitzfeld speculation got nuts saying he was at the airport etc, then we ended up with Graeme Souness...

So the Benitez rumours this time will probably mean we end up with Peter Reid as new manager...

It's amazing the way the club website keeps churning out pure s*** as if nothing's amiss.

http://i.imgur.com/jQlLwqt.png

In fairness, what do you want them to do?

The Noose Ready And Waiting for Mac

McClaren's Future Hanging By A Thread

Charnley, Moncur Spotted At Train Station

I remember when the Hitzfeld speculation got nuts saying he was at the airport etc, then we ended up with Graeme Souness...

So the Benitez rumours this time will probably mean we end up with Peter Reid as new manager...

Can you imagine the outcry if Peter Reid is hire  :lol: :lol:

It's amazing the way the club website keeps churning out pure s*** as if nothing's amiss.

http://i.imgur.com/jQlLwqt.png

In fairness, what do you want them to do?

The Noose Ready And Waiting for Mac

McClaren's Future Hanging By A Thread

Charnley, Moncur Spotted At Train Station

Haha! Would love the brutal honesty of those headlines on the official site.

We hire Benitez until the end of the season, he keeps us up and wants to stay, Ashley hires Pearson or some other shithead long-term instead.

If we were somehow able to get Benitez, he would be the best signing/ appointment in our history. It would also mean the whole clubs philosophy/ model would have changed for him to agree to it.

Btw I don't think he would be completely against our transfer model to some degree.