Steve McClaren

Dave

Mick Lowes just said this on bbc radio Newcastle (summed up):

Left the training ground, meeting was scheduled and hasnt happened and it seems he's gone home.  Meeting could still happen (who knows), but probably not.

Only people coming out of the situation with dignity is McClaren and his coaches - they keep coming in to training and doing their job despite being told their jobs are being advertised elsewhere.

Obviously just waiting for the replacement to be confirmed, McClaren must feel like shit. They probably consider Leciester a dead rubber either way.

Should have sacked him by now if we've got any plans of doing so. Having him take training this week isn't good for anyone.

McLaren is the coward here like. He is thinking he's playing a clever game under the pretence of being upset at his treatment. He could have walked, he could have demanded a meeting after the game but he didn't. He's now just trying to p*ss off the club and the fans who want rid of the cretin. All respect for the clown has gone. He's now just a balding pardew to me.

The club are definitely the ones taking the piss here, they are actively looking for a replacement for him but afraid to tell him that. Just put him out of his misery, man.

McLaren is the coward here like. He is thinking he's playing a clever game under the pretence of being upset at his treatment. He could have walked, he could have demanded a meeting after the game but he didn't. He's now just trying to piss off the club and the fans who want rid of the cretin. All respect for the clown has gone. He's now just a balding pardew to me.

You are not in the real world if you think people just walk away from jobs, no matter how poor you are performing.

McLaren is the coward here like. He is thinking he's playing a clever game under the pretence of being upset at his treatment. He could have walked, he could have demanded a meeting after the game but he didn't. He's now just trying to p*ss off the club and the fans who want rid of the cretin. All respect for the clown has gone. He's now just a balding pardew to me.

The club are definitely the ones taking the piss here, they are actively looking for a replacement for him but afraid to tell him that. Just put him out of his misery, man.

Or he's been assured of his place on the board.

Never seen so much incompetence on public display, we're an international joke now, if Ashley isn't embarrassed enough at this to sack the lot of them then we deserve relegation into obscurity and I hope S****'s D****t folds to shit too.

You are not in the real world if you think people just walk away from jobs, no matter how poor you are performing.

People do walk away from jobs. I've seen it happen a few times. Usually when money isn't all that important.

Regardless, don't blame him for clinging on. NUFC should have sorted this out already.

It does seem to speak to the root of McClaren's main problem that seemingly no-one has any respect for him. If a gutless wonder like Penfold is mugging you off it might be time to give it up.

We've handled this terribly.

If, as folk have said, they're treating the Leicester game as a dead rubber then it's just as bad.

We're in the middle of a relegation scrap with ten games to go. No game should just be written off regardless of the opposition.

How the fuck that thumb of a man has been trusted to run any football club, never mind one in the PL, I'll never know.

It's probably in Ashley's mentality to offer him an upstairs role - if you're paying that amount of money, you may as well get him working for it.

That's what I was saying earlier, only I was thinking that they would keep him on as a coach as his contract probably says Head Coach - so it would probably be easier to get it through from avoiding a constructive dismissal case.

Either way, I've a suspicion he will stay in some capacity.

It's a soap opera to be honest. Saturday's episode was about the players, Sunday was the fans reaction, Monday was the possible replacements day, early Tuesday was McClaren, late Tuesday Rafa. Early Wednesday Rafa, end of Wednesday McClaren and Charnley. When is it going to end?

CdH16g0W8AEKQOu.jpg

This was deleted minutes after it was posted, strange.

Love this and the SSN update like you drive out of the ground and there's a big sign that says:

" <------- ST JAMES PARK    YARM ------->"

:lol:

Obviously just waiting for the replacement to be confirmed, McClaren must feel like shit. They probably consider Leciester a dead rubber either way.

Yeah, this. They're always like that man, they make a mistake (Pardew/Carver) and it today frames the entirety of their thinking in the next situation.

Now they won't sack McClaren because of how they hung onto Carver which they'll see as the reason Ashley was forced onto TV. So they'll wasn't to secure the replacement 100%.

The fact that in doing so they're treating the current coach, the man they went out of their way to sign up, like total and utter shit is neither here nor there to them.